Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah thats one of the less great things about the U.S. legal system

retailers gotta pay out when a monkey gets injured during the commission of a crime, but if the monkey just takes stuff and walks out, they have insurance for that.
I think I told this before but I remember one loss prevention employee I knew from my years working at Sports Authority. He was kind of a hard-ass type, and he wore a Kevlar vest

I asked him about the vest, and he said he used to work security at like a Walmart or something in a poor neighborhood. A homeless guy was stealing alcohol, and as the security guy was closing in to apprehend him, the homeless guy was waiting around the corner with a knife

As the security guy rounded the corner the homeless guy stabbed down into his chest with the knife and the blade broke on his Kevlar vest. He said he was so mad he beat the dude to an inch of his life (in self-defense). Luckily I don’t think the store footed the bill for that since the guy was charged with attempted murder. I joked that watching that knife break woulda made me feel like Superman

But it did make me think, if I was gonna be security or LP, I might think about a Kevlar vest…
Old 03-07-2022, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Kevlar has the best PR team in history

that would have been a "plate carrier", kevlar is a woven fibrous material that slow moving, sharp pointy objects can penetrate. kevlar is best used as an outer layer of an AR500 plate, which will catch spalling (bullet shrapnel) from going straight up into your neck/chin.

Kevlar fiber alone is often carried into the body along with the bullet, while it does catch the bullet, it often does so after it was pushed inches into the body. This material was pretty good a few decades ago, but as the attacker/defender pendulum constantly swings, kevlar was reduced to a heavy christmas sweater by rounds like the high velocity 5.56 or specialized modern pistol calibers like FN's 5.7
Old 03-07-2022, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But it did make me think, if I was gonna be security or LP, I might think about a Kevlar vest…
"Ok Google Kevlar codpiece"
Old 03-07-2022, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Ok Google AR550 steel codpiece"
FTFY! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2022, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kevlar has the best PR team in history

that would have been a "plate carrier", kevlar is a woven fibrous material that slow moving, sharp pointy objects can penetrate. kevlar is best used as an outer layer of an AR500 plate, which will catch spalling (bullet shrapnel) from going straight up into your neck/chin.

Kevlar fiber alone is often carried into the body along with the bullet, while it does catch the bullet, it often does so after it was pushed inches into the body. This material was pretty good a few decades ago, but as the attacker/defender pendulum constantly swings, kevlar was reduced to a heavy christmas sweater by rounds like the high velocity 5.56 or specialized modern pistol calibers like FN's 5.7
Oh my bad. Yea he had some kind of a vest, this was like 15 yrs ago so I didn’t remember which
Old 03-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We want to ban war weapons, not guns, dumb fuck.
That post was a joke you dumb fuck.

But since you started a fight about it, you're seriously telling me democrats want teachers to open carry?

You dumb fuck.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my bad. Yea he had some kind of a vest, this was like 15 yrs ago so I didn’t remember which
just tryin to pay back the American taxpayer a lil bit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also i try to let people know that the term "tactical vest" is a missnomer

people see rednecks wearing 40 year old army surplus vests and think they are somehow comparable to an actual soldier's gear

i try to champion knowledge in the gun control debate because its such a huge snap judgement issue that people decide on and never change. They don't consider things like, the difference between an M1014 shotgun, or a 5/8" pipe with a few washers and a rat trap spring mechanism.

or the fact that with any chemistry and material sciences knowledge, someone can lay down some serious hurt with just $50 of shit from wal-mart

imo the gun control agenda is the same kind of bait like how republicans use abortion.

they're just gonna huff, and they're gonna puff, and blow nothing down.
Last edited by Trexller; 03-07-2022 at 07:32 PM..
Old 03-07-2022, 08:09 PM
Banned

It wasnt funny.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasnt funny.
you cant see the humor in anything because youre so worked up about something you cant control.

at this point youd watch that grill video and be like, if he wasn't a trumper he'd have cleaned the grease trap!
Old 03-07-2022, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

The Democrats are fucking up energy prices on purpose, and they have absolutely no intention of fixing it, Psaki just said so.

Quote:
"Let me give you the facts here, and I know that can be inconvenient, but I think they're important in this moment," Psaki interjected. "To the contrary, we have been clear that in the short term, supply must keep up with the demand where we are and here and around the world where we make the shift to a secure, clean energy future."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ing-gas-prices

That whore is the biggest raging bitch of a cunt that I have ever seen in my life.
Closed Thread