Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Banned

I noticed that shit too Loke. Fucking biter.

Anyway, are you SERIOUSLY saying that the shot callers at media outlets did "the best they could with what they had" in terms of journalistic integrity?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburks8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to start watching The Wire in the next few weeks. I've heard it is gold (as HBB has stated, mostly everything HBO does is gold).

I thought Hung and Bored to death kinda sucked though (glad they got pulled).

Kinda liked How to Make It In America though!
Hung was a great concept, well produced, well written, completely ruined by the casting. The first season was decent, but horribly overacted. I didn't watch after that. Good call.

Bored to death was fucking hilarious, but J.Ames' humor is somewhat inaccessible without reference (elite, effete, high-brow), so I understand why a lot of people don't like it.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Not at all HBB, I abhor the mainstream media. I honestly don't know what their intent with The Newsroom is, but every time I watch it I get the feeling they're trying to make some sort of social commentary about news media and it just seems really disingenuous coming in the form of a fictional television drama.

As for Hung and Bored, I thought they were pretty weak in comparison as well. Hung was just bad. I enjoyed Bored for what it was (30 minute comedy), but it definitely didn't stand up compared to HBO hour long dramas (Sopranos, Wire, Rome, Generation Kill, Game of Thrones, etc).

edit: HBB, you ever play anymore guy?
Last edited by Loke; 07-24-2012 at 07:08 PM..
Old 08-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Kobold

What do you guys think about the season now? I hate how Sorkin gives McAvoy the title "registered republican" when he is everything but that.

The show seems to lean pretty far to the left.

I'm still pumped for the season finale though!
Closed Thread