Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 06:56 PM
Kobold

Default bradquest 2: rise of the fallen

gettin excited for p:rof !!!!! as we reach 7 and a half years of pre-alpha we're getting near alpha!!!!! there's no date announced but it's near!!!!!

lately they have been working on this thing called 'dispositions', here's a developer explaining it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppa
Regarding Dispositions vs. Traits:
A Disposition refers to an AI layer that governs an NPC's behavior in some way (their movement, ability usage, etc.). A Trait is an intrinsic property of an NPC that can either inform a Disposition, or otherwise modify an NPC's personal characteristics.

For example, the "Alarmist" Disposition. An Alarmist NPC will make every attempt to run to the nearest allied NPC when combat is initiated.
"Alluring", however, is a Trait - NPCs with the Alluring trait have a higher chance to land Mesmerize and Charm abilities.
im no programmer wizard, so i have no idea how they will be able to pull off stuff like making mobs 'run away' in a fight, or 'land spells', its way too technical for me

stuff like this plus the fact that they went back just to add climbing to the game makes me really excited that there;s a good game coming in the next 10-15 years!!!! kickstarters yeaaaaa!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2021, 06:59 PM
Kobold

pre-alpha 5 hell yea
Old 06-14-2021, 07:06 PM
Kobold

im gonna make a skar (non-copyright infringing iksar) monk when it comes out in 2032
Old 06-14-2021, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhairava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gettin excited for p:rof !!!!! as we reach 7 and a half years of pre-alpha we're getting near alpha!!!!! there's no date announced but it's near!!!!!

lately they have been working on this thing called 'dispositions', here's a developer explaining it:

im no programmer wizard, so i have no idea how they will be able to pull off stuff like making mobs 'run away' in a fight, or 'land spells', its way too technical for me

stuff like this plus the fact that they went back just to add climbing to the game makes me really excited that there;s a good game coming in the next 10-15 years!!!! kickstarters yeaaaaa!!!!!!
I'm more a hobby programmer, only because I refuse to self proclaim myself things like a lot of people do, my grandfather taught me a lot of programming when I was 9-10.. but this they speak of isn't even programming though.. This is called behavior trees..

It is actually really cringe them trying to sell this stuff. I feel terrible for Brad but Lord British kind of has the same issue.. The inability to evolve, being old and irrelevant, ignorant and unable to learn new tricks.

But yes, they literally just explained behavior trees.. Having an NPC with a condition to where it runs away, isn't remotely complicated anymore.. Nor is "net code", or any of this stuff, sure.. it is complicated to get the basics, I won't sell anyone short but when people attempt "star trek", science on people, it annoys the fuck out of me.

This same issue is going on with Camelot Unchained.. It is as if they gave up and are now lazy developers that just want to bitch and complain about having to do work, they just got lazy, they have no work ethic.. they aren't willing to push the envelope like they could when they were younger.. Now they just want to pay their bills.. I dunno, I can't really sympathize any longer.

That said, lazy gamers who have no concept of the work it takes to make a game are annoying too.. But this isn't the case with a lot of this, gamers have a point to be kind of pissed off, I paid $160 to kickstart Camelot Unchained, and paid around $100 for Lord British's new Ultima game (Terrible BTW).. Darkfall Online was the last game I fawned over, when that flopped the industry flopped with EQNext etc. Sad it takes a multi billion dollar company in Amazon Orange to make something remotely worthwhile today.
Last edited by Shawk; 06-14-2021 at 07:16 PM..
Old 06-14-2021, 07:17 PM
Kobold

7 years and the grift is still thriving

even brad in his wildest oxycodone induced dreams couldnt imagine such a haul
Old 06-14-2021, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Get a hobby
Old 06-14-2021, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Bhairava please stop double posting.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

This is a bad advert, what does 'prof' even stand for?
Old 06-15-2021, 05:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bhairava please stop double posting.
no
Old 06-15-2021, 05:04 PM
Kobold

i revel in the humiliation
Closed Thread