Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we're going by day 1 rules and standards, including disallowing 3rd party UIs.. why are we being forced to use the UI from velious?
So basically you want no 3rd party UIs because that isn't classic, and you want no velious UI because it's not classic but you want to somehow still play Green? Using your formula that means no Green my dude. No Custom UIs have recreated the exact Classic UI. The one you screenshotted is not classic UI either.

They tried to find some middle ground, it isn't good enough for you, so I would say your solution would be to just not play Green and you won't be as upset.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically you want no 3rd party UIs because that isn't classic, and you want no velious UI because it's not classic but you want to somehow still play Green? Using your formula that means no Green my dude. No Custom UIs have recreated the exact Classic UI. The one you screenshotted is not classic UI either.

They tried to find some middle ground, it isn't good enough for you, so I would say your solution would be to just not play Green and you won't be as upset.
nope I just want consistency-- if we're not going to be able to have a true classic UI don't force the current iteration upon us for the sake of keeping it classic

They did a good job with character creation, and the spellbook-- I will say that. Why can't they simply implement the same graphical effects to the rest of the UI?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 09:35 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope I just want consistency-- if we're not going to be able to have a true classic UI don't force the current iteration upon us for the sake of keeping it classic

They did a good job with character creation, and the spellbook-- I will say that. Why can't they simply implement the same graphical effects to the rest of the UI?
They said they wanted to emulate the Velious UI , which is similar version of the classic transparent UIs, its in the green announcment and the forum thread about the UI
Old 10-16-2019, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, have you even downloaded the UI you keep saying is a better classic option? I have, it’s a fucking mess. It is not in any way a better option.
Quote:
You are correct, the implementation of Welgrim's is not ideal, but there are others that simply add it's texturing/coloration to the current UI-- but that isn't allowed either.
Because the current UI isn’t classic, even if you gave it a classic color.

In a perfect world, you would have two options: Stone viewport UI and the current Green99 UI and you’d be able to switch between them by pressing F10. That’s how it was when EQ launched. Since the devs can’t yet implement the stone viewport UI, it makes sense to only allow the single classic UI they have available at the moment.

Hopefully in the future you’ll get to use the old stone viewport UI that you so clearly are dying to use. I don’t doubt that it’ll be an option in future.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the current UI isn’t classic, even if you gave it a classic color.

In a perfect world, you would have two options: Stone viewport UI and the current Green99 UI and you’d be able to switch between them by pressing F10. That’s how it was when EQ launched. Since the devs can’t yet implement the stone viewport UI, it makes sense to only allow the single classic UI they have available at the moment.

Hopefully in the future you’ll get to use the old stone viewport UI that you so clearly are dying to use. I don’t doubt that it’ll be an option in future.
Honestly I'd be happy enough if they simply converted the transparent elements to match the likes of the spellbook/character creation/bank/trade menu. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the patchnotes/what you guys are saying and that is what is to come?

Old 10-16-2019, 09:43 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

OK. I keep seeing a lot of conversation about the Stone UI. The enforcement of the Velious UI was announced a while back. We just simply started a project only a few weeks ago attempting to improve on the UI they had chosen to use (it has been distributed in patch files for quite a while).

Now what are some of the issues with the Stone UI? See the linked image.

Now. Can these issues be overcome? Yep absolutely!

EverQuest supports custom viewports, so realistically you could define a 4:3 view port, and place your stone elements around the view port and never lose any visibility. That is 100% possible. However... and this is a huge however.

The majority of the community can't even figure out how to set solid backgrounds on their Velious UI elements. So the idea of forcing an obstructive opaque UI on people, of which I would guess 95% wouldn't be able to figure out, or even attempt to get a proper ViewPort working sounds like a terrible idea to me.

At the end of the day there was a "Velious-style" UI available at launch in the F10 Full Screen. It lacked a LOT of functionality compared to the Stone UI. The Velious UI simply added all of that functionality to the F10 Full Screen UI. So the Velious UI is honestly the best, least-hassle option available for people to use. We were able to find lots of resources showing tons of marble windows were present in the Velious UI and we have implemented most of them!

I also want to stress that I have NO control over which UI is forced for Green. I simply helped to improve what was being forced. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 09:45 PM
Kobold

The transparent windows are straight up classic. They weren't an option that became available later, they were there day one. I played that way since the marble UI took up most of my screen. I don't know why you're calling it the "velious ui" when it was available at launch.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Classic memories are drugs. OP has no idea about the work staff is doing to recreate the classic stone UI or when the UI being used came out. Watch OG Velious release trailers and you will see the UI you are complaining about being used. So not that UN-classic... fucking moron.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious release --- fucking moron.
The only two bits of what you said that are worth reading.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The only two bits of what you said that are worth reading.
I appreciate that you quote that guy who is technically wrong while ignoring the one right above him that states they were there day one of EverQuest. Bravo.
Closed Thread