Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

Default unable to connect to login.eqemulator.net

As the records will show I pretty consistently have issues connecting to the server. Upon selecting my server, the screen goes black and for about 15-20 seconds and then reverts to the login and gives me an error 1017, advising me to reconnect to the patch server.

Normally a simple reboot would fix the problem, and it has for a year now. However at this point in time that is not working. I've tried 10 consecutive times to log in, on 2 separate occasions, each immediately following a reboot.

This time around I've noticed that I can NOT ping login.eqemulator.net

I've run a command prompt and attempted to ping the host server five different times, and it is not letting me. Time out every time.

Everything else works as far as the internet is concerned. I can play multiplayer games via steam with 0 issue. My client is not being blocked by the firewall or AV program. Appropriate ports ARE opened.

Can anyone offer some advice with this?
Old 04-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

No longer are my ping attempts timing out, however I am still unable to connect. Even after a reboot.

Have attempted changing to the login2 server and back to no avail.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Large Bat

I have had a similar history of connectivity issues since I've started playing. And now I am experiencing almost the same thing as you are, but I think I'm getting one step further. I can actually get into the Server Selection screen, but when I click a server and press 'Play' it just freezes for a good minute or two, then boots me back to the login screen. Have tried complete reinstall / changing resolution settings via files / and of course a restart or two. Firewall completely off. Windows defender disabled. And every file in the P99 folder has administrator permissions. So I'm stuck too bud.

Halp!

I have also just tried pinging the server to no avail. (Request timed out)
Last edited by UnderPressure; 04-06-2015 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: Update:
Old 04-18-2015, 04:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had a similar history of connectivity issues since I've started playing. And now I am experiencing almost the same thing as you are, but I think I'm getting one step further. I can actually get into the Server Selection screen, but when I click a server and press 'Play' it just freezes for a good minute or two, then boots me back to the login screen. Have tried complete reinstall / changing resolution settings via files / and of course a restart or two. Firewall completely off. Windows defender disabled. And every file in the P99 folder has administrator permissions. So I'm stuck too bud.

Halp!

I have also just tried pinging the server to no avail. (Request timed out)
You guys ever figure this issue out?
Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugaboochu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys ever figure this issue out?
Been playing for about 18 months no problems but today suddenly, could not access www.project1999.com, eqemulator.org, or login.eqemulator.net

Within a couple hours of logging out went to go back in and bam not working. Cannot ping but tracert does resolve domain to proper ip and i can nslookup everthing but pings time out and cannot log in. Had to switch to my business line which is a different ISP and everything works. Most likely ISP is either blocking something or has bad configurations. I will be contacting my ISP tomorrow morning if it does not work on my residential connection.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been playing for about 18 months no problems but today suddenly, could not access www.project1999.com, eqemulator.org, or login.eqemulator.net

Within a couple hours of logging out went to go back in and bam not working. Cannot ping but tracert does resolve domain to proper ip and i can nslookup everthing but pings time out and cannot log in. Had to switch to my business line which is a different ISP and everything works. Most likely ISP is either blocking something or has bad configurations. I will be contacting my ISP tomorrow morning if it does not work on my residential connection.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice to see I'm not alone. I did all of those same tests with same results. I still can't connect at this time.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Aviak

Here's my tracert, wondering if port 5998 is all of a sudden being blocked by my ISP?

Tracing route to www.project1999.com [108.61.129.170]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 16 ms 23 ms 15 ms 10.101.0.1
3 14 ms 16 ms 14 ms click_dtn_core_10g2/2.click-network.com [131.191
.0.22]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 *
Old 04-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Aviak

Default Click! port 5998 outage!

I contacted my ISP, Advanced Stream (aka Click!). And they confirmed they are having issues on their end regarding port 5998 (and some others). They do not have an ETA at this time.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugaboochu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I contacted my ISP, Advanced Stream (aka Click!). And they confirmed they are having issues on their end regarding port 5998 (and some others). They do not have an ETA at this time.
My ISP confirmed same. Upstream providers having DNS issues.