Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Skeleton

Odd, I get this issue every once in a while but today i can't get in at all because it keeps kicking me back to the login screen when i try loading my game :/
Old 06-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Fresh install of win 7 on my laptop and connecting from university today I had no problems. Got home and unable to connect so to the nay sayers this is looking like an ISP issue and not on P99s end as far as I can tell.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fresh install of win 7 on my laptop and connecting from university today I had no problems. Got home and unable to connect so to the nay sayers this is looking like an ISP issue and not on P99s end as far as I can tell.
I've had the issue through two different ISPs in my home (time warner, centurylink) at my buddies house ( WoW cable) as well as through whaever ISP my college uses.

Just because you were able to login this time doesn't mean it's a non-issue. Ill go 2 or 3 days without hgaving issues, just like the last 2 or three days.. not one issue since my last post in this thread. But today, I get home from work and try to log in, i have the same problem. I fail to see how something a simple reboot fixes 70% of the time can have anything to do with my ISP-- if it were so, I imagine I would be able to /release /renew to the same effect, but this does not work.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

Since the latest spell file update this has been killing me. I get into game very infrequently. Still having occasional issue of it telling me spell files are out of date. But today, I tried rebooting like 5x. Got stuck on char select while entering world "you have been disconnected" after about 3 minutes. Did this for about 2 hours and have now decided on a nap
Old 07-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

This issue is still vexing me as well. It's not as consistent as others are facing, though it's not quite the same. When the issue occurs it is rigth after I've selected a server; the game never sees the first loading screen.

Another strange occurrance is that every now and again upon zone (happens once, maybe twice in a long session of gaming) the game will seemingly crash. Ill get an error stating that "It appears that Everquest may have crashed" and asks if I want to send relevant information. This is a new occurrance, I've not previously had much in the way of issues with crashing, at least not persistently and on zone in.

The strangest part is that when this occurs the game then starts performing erratically, as I've described in countless earlier posts.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Packetshaping is going on whether anyone will admit it or not. And it doesn't have to be happening at YOUR ISP.

Not saying that's what's going on here...but...

This is a conversation we'll be having in broader venues over the next few years...
Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Same thing here. Tried everything on Google so far, but I'm wondering if my hardware is just not compatible. My motherboard is an ASUS M5A99X R2.0 and CPU is an AMD FX9590. Anybody else able to run the game with that?
Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default same problem

I was super stoked to come back after several years away from p99, but now I'm faced with having this same login problem. The thing is for me, it worked just fine on my workstation at work today, which is a sandy bridge i5. But at home I'm using an FX6300 vishera and what it does is bump me right back to login after I select project1999 in the server selection, every single time. I have tried reinstalling 4 times, restarting, and running winEQ with no luck in different combinations. There is one thing in common with us Chosn - the FX processors. Wonder if its just coincidence or part of the problem? Anyone else with the problem on AMD?

Being only able to play at work all the time, my chances of dying would skyrocket! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Aviak

Just posted similar thread for this issue. Kicked to login screen directly after server select. See my post and troubleshooting here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...77#post1553177
Old 07-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Banned

Its your internet connection OP