Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Fire Giant

pc specs:
Windows 7
AMD FX8350 CPU
Nvidia GTX 760 GPU
Onboard Realtek PCI-E Ethernet, most current drivers installed.
Using Wineq2.0

Still cannot connect to red or blue 40 minutes later.

Steam still downloading at a steady 2.0 MBPS while the game continues to tell me it cannot connect. Pausing downloads to alleviate bandwith allocation does not work. Any actual helpful info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

I am right there with you Xer0. I spent several hours yesterday attempting to log in and either got kicked at char select back to log in or would get kicked right before making it in game and would have to wait to retry because it says I have an active character. Usually once I make it in game I am ok until I zone then it starts all over again. I only made it into the game 1 time yesterday and every additional attempt for the better part of yesterday failed.

This is pretty frustrating. I can log on to other servers no problem the only server I have issues with is p99s servers.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am right there with you Xer0. I spent several hours yesterday attempting to log in and either got kicked at char select back to log in or would get kicked right before making it in game and would have to wait to retry because it says I have an active character. Usually once I make it in game I am ok until I zone then it starts all over again. I only made it into the game 1 time yesterday and every additional attempt for the better part of yesterday failed.

This is pretty frustrating. I can log on to other servers no problem the only server I have issues with is p99s servers.
Going to keep res'ing this thread until I get some results. I've asked about this several times, and always get the same watered down basic-techs-support bullshit answers.

The problem is not with my internet connection.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a problem with *somewhere along the* internet connection *ur using* ... ak UR INTERNET..

LOL!
If you'd learn to read, it'd be apparent that it is in no way shape or form my internet.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

I am getting 16 Mb down and 2 Mb up on speedtest.net at the exact time that the server is not allowing me to reconect. I'm able to download torrents at 3.0 mbs, steadily as well as gams via the steam server with 100% consistency nothing but a minor drop in speed eveyr few minutes (speed never leaves 10 Mbps,) all during the periods of time that the game will not connect

So please explain to me how is it MY internet?
Last edited by Xer0; 06-29-2014 at 07:59 AM..
Old 06-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you'd learn to read, it'd be apparent that it is in no way shape or form my internet.
Have you run a traceroute? Whenever this happens to me, it turns out that some server, somewhere, is timing out.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

Xer0,

I know you're frustrated (I've been there) but try not to be snippy. We really are trying to help and if you stick with it, we'll get you in the game.

Is anything overclocked? GPU or CPU

This can be a simple check mark in a small box you never even noticed.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

I am still in the same boat. Ive only made it into the game successfully 1 time in the past 2 weeks. Every instance since has been make it to char select. Char logs in then kicked back to login. When I try to log back in says I have an active character and I have to wait to rinse and repeat. Before in the past it would work itself out after about 10+ attempts but not any longer.

I am putting windows on one of my laptops today and will install EQ there and try from a different connection tomorrow to see if there is any change and will report back with the findings. As it is now p99 is unplayable for me which is super shitty.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xer0,

I know you're frustrated (I've been there) but try not to be snippy. We really are trying to help and if you stick with it, we'll get you in the game.

Is anything overclocked? GPU or CPU

This can be a simple check mark in a small box you never even noticed.
I'm trying not to, and I appreciate the input; But I've made a thread in regards to this circumstance at least two other times and every time the same people say to me "hey guess what its your internet", when I've been to two different ISPs, Three different Modems and three different routers in the time since it has started occuring. (Meanwhile I'm clocking speeds of 16 Mb/1Mb down/up respectively on speed tests and downloading at 3.0 Mb/s.. in the moments that this is occurring. Granted I know this hogs bandwidth so I typically do not leave any downloads on while tryign to connect, just to check connectivity strength)

My GPU and CPU are all clocked at standard speeds.

As far as running a tracert I've not done this, as I'm not sure what IP to trace. Kind of why I came here, as I am not that well versed in the more technical aspects of network troubleshooting (Though I know how to tell when my connectivity is at fault and all signs point to no as far as that is concerned.)
Last edited by Xer0; 06-30-2014 at 05:21 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

I got my 8350 to work EQ, but I needed to underclock my 9590. Try underclocking?