Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Default KIcked back to login screen consistantly

So, I know you're all going to say reinstall, but I've done this several times. Even if I stay away from duxas, wineq and eqemu launcher it still does not help.. Hell, I've even formatted my hard drive (for an unrelated issue) and still it keeps booting me back to the login after attempting connect to either server.

Seems like rebooting my computer helps, but after the initial login it doesnt work at all. Any ideas?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Actually scratch that last sentence-- I just rebooted the computer and still cannot login. After about ten retries it appears to have taken, hjowever.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Its your internet connection man.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

No it isn't, "man". I am monitoring it closely and since I've switch to a wired connection it has been 100% consistent. If it were indeed my internet connection failing I would not be able to get to the server select. Furthermore, once I get one instance to actually load and am connected, I often attempt to load up a second instance to camp ECtunnel while I lvl on red, and it does not work-- if it were my connection, why would I be able to connect in one instance and not the other?

I recently switched to a hardwired connection because I was having problems with wireless (believe my NIC to be failing). Even on a wired connection I have the same exact problem (withp99)

Additionally, every weekend I take my PC to a buddies house and I have the same exact issue at his house, hardwired or wireless. He does not have this issue at all.

Dungeons & Dragons Online works fine. So does DOTA 2, League, Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, RO2, Steam Downloads, Torrents. None of them are experiencing any sort of fluctuation, a constant 2.0mbps down and 1.0 up.

So anyone have any advice that might actually be useful?
Last edited by Xer0; 05-22-2014 at 12:58 PM..
Old 05-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it isn't, "man". I am monitoring it closely and since I've switch to a wired connection it has been 100% consistent. If it were indeed my internet connection failing I would not be able to get to the server select.
Just because you can get to the server select doesn't men your connection will last throughout the entire process. I get to the server select almost always, but my connection often drops after that, and P99 is the only thing this happens with. My connections to the various servers en route to the world server start timing out, and I get dropped.

Quote:
Furthermore, once I get one instance to actually load and am connected, I often attempt to load up a second instance to camp ECtunnel while I lvl on red, and it does not work-- if it were my connection, why would I be able to connect in one instance and not the other?
That is the way the internet works sometimes.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Default Titanium

I have not encountered this issue, but have heard of it happening if your NIC drivers are outdated or you used something other than Titanium as your install baseline.
I know you can install with SF and almost get into the game :P Has to be Titanium.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because you can get to the server select doesn't men your connection will last throughout the entire process. I get to the server select almost always, but my connection often drops after that, and P99 is the only thing this happens with. My connections to the various servers en route to the world server start timing out, and I get dropped.

That is the way the internet works sometimes.
But as I've stated, I'm monitoring my connection stability closely-- The issue is NOT with my internet

I did in fact use Titanium as my client base

And I have the most up-to-date NIC drivers.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Matter of a fact, you may notice I have another post towards the bottom of page 1--- I started having this issue after downloading wineq2.0.. Ive been playing for months consecutively without experiencing this issue.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Orc

Have you done a release/renew? I've had that problem and it help me
Old 06-22-2014, 07:29 AM
Fire Giant

I have tried a release/renew and it makes no difference.

90% of the time a reboot will help it, however lately sometimes that doesn't even have an effect.

I've switched from wireless to a hardwired connection, even had a new ISP (time warner) and new router/modem, as far as my network connectivity monitor shows there are no issues with internet connectivity.

Would also like to add that this is clearly not an issue with my internet connection-- The game crashed about 10 minutes ago, I've tried releasing and renewing as well as several restarts to no avail, however when I start a download on Steam it jumps to 3.0 mbps in less than 1 minute and stays there consistently.
Last edited by Xer0; 06-22-2014 at 07:38 AM..