Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-08-2015, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

Default Can't access a specific character.

I have several characters throughout several accounts and as og last night (and continuing onto today) I have not been able to log in.

I get some generic error (worded something like: it appears everquest has crashed.. blahblahblah send us usage information for diagnostic) and it only occurs on one character-- the character that has all my best gear and most of my plat banked.

I first assumed it had something to do with being in WFP, as it first happened when attempting to zone into WFP last night to use the bank over in the north side of town, however I have been able to successfuly enter and leave WFP from all sides on other characters with no issue.

I have tried what was suggested in other threads, replacing the freeportw files in the p99 backup, but as I suspected when it allowed my other characters through, this did nothing for me.

Anyone encountered this previously? should I just try replacing ALL p99 files with backups? Which files should I avoid copying if I don't wish to overwrite all of my UI setup (That takes longer than anything when starting the game; setting up necessary hotkeys etc from a fresh install, and something I'd have to do over several characters)

Or should I petition and hope a GM can move me out of the zone to see if that helps?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:31 AM
Fire Giant

http://imgur.com/sJlkPco

This is the error I am encountering. Again, this only occurs on a specific character, I have taken other characters through the zone which he is located in and had no issues.

Update: I have attempted reinstalling the game to no avail.
Last edited by Xer0; 01-08-2015 at 04:44 AM..
Old 01-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Fire Giant

After several miserable hours I seem to have gotten this fixed. Not only did I need to reinstall, but for some reason I needed to reinstall to an entirely different location. Oi.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:54 PM
Aviak

This happened to me as well..... not sure if ive fixed it yet since i didnt have time to log in but im at the point where a fresh install in a new folder is awaiting to load up....

i decided i would just lose all UI and start fresh.

i am on a satellite connection BUT logging into my alts hasnt been a problem or starting new characters in the zone im trying to zone into
Last edited by Jalico; 07-31-2016 at 12:57 PM..
Old 07-31-2016, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Definitely a UI issue files prolly got corrupt.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Aviak

I thought it might be a UI issue but after a complete reinstall, my UI (default EQ UI) was deleted and set to the default as if I first logged into a new character.

It does seem to be on ONLY my main character with all of my top gear and Plat.....