Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Newbie stuff for a Druid (advice not begging)

Hey guys, I just started playing on P1999 so i am a complete n00b i have no money so what should i start looking to buy first for my druid. I'm loving p1999!

Thanks for the help,

Justerd
Old 06-28-2014, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Spells, spells and more spells.

I leveled my druid up to 19 and aside from a shield given to me by a random stranger - I was doing just fine rocking my patchwork armor and cracked staff. Gearing casters in the low/mid levels is for the most part silly. Once you get meditate, your bottle rate is rarely your mana pool ... but instead your rate of regeneration.

Hunt in crushbone, sell belts to people twink-leveling their twinks ... profit.

By level 14-16 as you start to out-grow crushbone you should have enough money for your spells up into the 30s-40s.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

If you're going to be quadding, +mana and +wis items are helpful. However, charming is better EXP most of the time and you don't need mana pool for charming.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_Le..._by_Mefdinkins

A great guide on the wiki built for non-twink leveling. It tells you various strategies and gear to look out for. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Troxx said it all. I leveled solo with basic leather armour and cracked staff until level 19 by simply tanking mobs. You can also find a few guides on how to raise some money initially on the wiki, this will help you get your spells.
Good luck fellow treehugger.

Petitpas
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 07-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Skeleton

A great way to make money as a lowbie is the rabid wolf quest in qeynos hills - turn in pelts in qey for exp and spell you sell back for good money

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rabid_Wolves
Old 07-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Sarnak

The guy is a newb and has no cash. Druids don't get a quad spell til level 34. It takes a very good mana pool to quad with that spell. He's not going to be quadding any time soon. Any reference to quadding should be wiped from the newbs mind.

You're a total newb. Up til like level 15 you're best bet is to MELEE shit to death in whatever newbie zone you start in and then moving to the next zone up. Spend your money on spells and a cheapo magic weapon. The magic weapon lets you hit wisps and skeletons which have the best newbie zone loot so that you can start to build some bank roll to buy other stuff.

Gear is important to druids only at higher levels, there's no immediate need to gear up so My advice is to buy stuff that will have longer term use, not fill armor slots that will have to be rolled over. That saves you time and money in the ec tunnel.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfresh429 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A great way to make money as a lowbie is the rabid wolf quest in qeynos hills - turn in pelts in qey for exp and spell you sell back for good money

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rabid_Wolves
You don't get a spell to sell back with wolves. That is only for the Rabid Grizzly.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get a spell to sell back with wolves. That is only for the Rabid Grizzly.
Was that a change? I did that quest endlessly from lvl 5-8 and made good money for spells back when I was a lowbie.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Kobold

You make about 2p per wolf pelt. You will make the same from the bear pelt and then the spell. Only the bear pelt will give the spell though.