Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default new player duo.

Duoing with a buddy and was looking for suggestions on the best path for a duo to level and gear. We are in Blackburrow currently farming gnoll fangs. He is a pally and I am a druid, both level 9. Any ideas on the best zones in order would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duoing with a buddy and was looking for suggestions on the best path for a duo to level and gear. We are in Blackburrow currently farming gnoll fangs. He is a pally and I am a druid, both level 9. Any ideas on the best zones in order would be appreciated. Thanks!
For the love of god, just make a group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The damage in that setup is a bit...rough. Anything without adding some damage 20+ is going to be unbearably slow. Not really hard though with some heals and a tank to form something.

edit: Depending on your resources, kurn's tower is tough to beat til about 15. If you're not willing to travel excessively, unrest is fantastic from 10-29, assuming it's not overcrowded. Guk always has plenty of mobs as well around your level range. Just go left at the first fork.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:16 AM
Decaying Skeleton

We will check out unrest after blackburrow. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Heal is right. I can't think of, really, a worse duo for DPS than you 2. Maybe a Wizard when they are oom. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But welcome aboard.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Honestly, for a duo of new players, "dps" is less.important than learning how the two classes you're playing work well together. Use charmed animals and roots and heals and harmony and you'll be fine. Without fungis and manastones, you.have massively more downtime than dps time, and basically everyone meds/regens at the same-ish speed.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, druids can charm animals pretty much from 14-60.

At 45, paladins get a free heal clicky.

There are any number of ways this duo can go all the way to 60 and gear themselves up without needing another player's help.

Jus sayin!
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

^ exactly.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ exactly.
I suppose when questions like this are asked they're asking how to duo efficiently, not if it's possible. Warriors can solo to 50...eventually o_o
Old 12-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

You need to read.the op more closely heal. He didn't ask for a good or great duo, or if he should give up on his current duo, etc.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Oh well hell there are silly people that try to solo a Rogue to 60. Doesn't mean it is a GOOD way to go.

On Live me as a Cleric, and a Pally duo'ed to around 45 from like level 3. It took for Fing ever. But I admit it was fun or we would have never done it. This was in 2000. nobody knew any better.

And after that I made a Iksar SK and wondered why it took FOREVER to get to 20. But I enjoyed killing in the pit for 3 months lol.

I am not telling them to break up the duo. Just that it is some of the worse sustained DPS I can think of.
Last edited by webrunner5; 12-28-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Closed Thread