Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-01-2023, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that is correct, mobs do bash less. I do notice they tend to always bash as their first attack though, so FSI is quite nice when you are casting a spell with a long cast time. Even at max range the mob will close the gap and hit you before the spell finishes. Again that is why FSI is great on Shamans when soloing, it gives you a higher chance to land the initial malo/slow without wasting the 4 or 5 seconds it takes for the mob to run up to you. That will typically end up saving you more HP than the 80 HP or so you would regen in the first minute.
I don’t think anyone doubts the validity of FSI for shaman soloing. But shaman play style goes beyond solo, particularly shines the most in duos where you aren’t tanking. I actually think there’s an argument for iksars being the best overall shaman race which you admitted iksars were tied with ogres in your own tally guide. But needless to say, the debate will never end 😂
Old 02-01-2023, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

I mean Iksar is BiS b/c robe. Be a PD robe wearing Lizard and kill literally every single mob that poopybutt ogre can.

/thread
Old 02-01-2023, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think anyone doubts the validity of FSI for shaman soloing. But shaman play style goes beyond solo, particularly shines the most in duos where you aren’t tanking. I actually think there’s an argument for iksars being the best overall shaman race which you admitted iksars were tied with ogres in your own tally guide. But needless to say, the debate will never end ��
Racials only really matter when soloing, with the rare exception of a few mechanics like Tunare. No racial is a game changer when doing group/raid content. Your group members are saving you way more time/hp/mana than FSI or Regen ever could.

Iksars are the best Shaman race for raiding, which I explain in my guide. However, most people play Shamans because they can solo, group, and raid equally well. Many classes don't have that advantage. I doubt people are paying 60k+ for Torpor just to raid in most cases. That's a big investment for a focused character.

That is why Iksars end up being the worst Shaman race generally speaking. Losing access to JBB hurts your solo/group play more than the Regen/AC/Character Size helps your raid play, and most Shamans take advantage of their solo/group capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean Iksar is BiS b/c robe. Be a PD robe wearing Lizard and kill literally every single mob that poopybutt ogre can.

/thread
In my opinion plate looks better than robes. Vindi BP is also better statistically. Win/Win.
Old 02-01-2023, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Code:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣾⠀ ⠀⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⠀ ⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀ ⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⢀⣾⣿⣷⡖⠒⣀⣀⣤⣶⣾⣿⣷⣶⣤⣤⣴⣾⣆⠘⣿⣿⣿⠀ ⠀⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⣾⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⠙⠛⠛⠛⠋⣈⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠈⢿⣿⠀ ⠀⣿⣿⣿⠁⣼⣿⠟⠻⠿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣾⣿⠿⣷⣄⡉⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠈⢿⠀ ⠀⠛⠛⠃⠀⠻⠋⣠⣶⠄⠙⠛⢻⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣈⠛⢿⣦⣄⠙⠻⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣾⠟⠁⣠⣿⠇⠈⠛⣿⣿⣈⠙⠿⣷⣦⡈⠛⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⢠⣾⡿⠁⣠⣾⠆⠸⠉⠻⣷⣤⡈⠙⠿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⣾⠟⢁⣴⡶⠀⣤⡀⠙⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⣿⠟⠁⠀⠛⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Awesome feminine fashion choices
Barbarians
iksar

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-01-2023, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racials only really matter when soloing, with the rare exception of a few mechanics like Tunare. No racial is a game changer when doing group/raid content. Your group members are saving you way more time/hp/mana than FSI or Regen ever could.

Iksars are the best Shaman race for raiding, which I explain in my guide. However, most people play Shamans because they can solo, group, and raid equally well. Many classes don't have that advantage. I doubt people are paying 60k+ for Torpor just to raid in most cases. That's a big investment for a focused character.

That is why Iksars end up being the worst Shaman race generally speaking. Losing access to JBB hurts your solo/group play more than the Regen/AC/Character Size helps your raid play, and most Shamans take advantage of their solo/group capabilities.

In my opinion plate looks better than robes. Vindi BP is also better statistically. Win/Win.
Racials definitely matter when not soloing. A 60 iksar/troll shaman will potentially regenerate 19,200 more hp in a 4 hour grind session than an ogre/barb shaman. This is not insignificant.

Also, it is debatable if Vindi BP is actually better than Robe for shaman play. Robe has a lot more mana with 20 wis/100 mana, which will allow you potentially swap out for more hp items sooner as well. Iksar could make up some of that AC difference as well. And AC is largely irrelevant for a shaman in the raid scene anyway.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racials definitely matter when not soloing. A 60 iksar/troll shaman will potentially regenerate 19,200 more hp in a 4 hour grind session than an ogre/barb shaman. This is not insignificant.

Also, it is debatable if Vindi BP is actually better than Robe for shaman play. Robe has a lot more mana with 20 wis/100 mana, which will allow you potentially swap out for more hp items sooner as well. Iksar could make up some of that AC difference as well. And AC is largely irrelevant for a shaman in the raid scene anyway.
The math is 4800 HP per hour in terms of how much HP a Troll/Iksar gets at 60, assuming they never hit 100% HP (unlikely). Not saying your 19200 math is wrong over 4 hours, but it can be a bit deceiving if people don't read the 4 hour part. 4800 HP per hour is simply 3-4 Torpors, depending on if you get a 1500HP Torpor or a 1200 HP Torpor. That is saving you 1.5-2 minutes per hour max. There really isn't any level 60 content that will benefit from saving 1.5-2 minutes per hour. The spawn times are just too long. You basically need to play 10+ hours to maybe get an extra spawn cycle out of it. The main problem with Everquest is long spawn timers limit how efficient something like regeneration is.

Vindi BP is almost always better than Robe. Max mana isn't terribly useful when you have Cannibalize. The only time Robe is better is when you are raiding, because you will have a few more heals available when you are chain Chloroblasting a tank.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I agree with mostly everything you contribute...but the real argument to make here is its such a small difference in stats that even if Vindi BP is mathematically better it doesn't matter because Robe > All

That is, if you have access to PD. Hell, I'd farm a Guardian Robe just to look baller while doing shaman things. Still going to be able to do anything and everything b/c torpor op.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not interested in cross-dressing, even virtually, so whether or not my guy can wear a dress has no appeal nor relevance to me.

Mana pool on a shaman matters when you want to do something where you might be facing a lot of resists and don't have time to cannibalize. Something like Kerdelb duo, sometimes it chain-resists and it hits too hard to let your melee keep getting hit unslowed forever while you gradually torpor up. Neither racial regeneration nor bash resist is going to make any difference in that situation.

On my shadowknight I'd rather have racial regeneration for things like heal regain while meditating or recovery while feigned. Bash resist might be nice for raid pulling but that's way too specific for my preference. As it is my SK's a human and has neither and he does the job to satisfaction anyhow.

Danth
Old 02-01-2023, 05:16 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not interested in cross-dressing, even virtually, so whether or not my guy can wear a dress has no appeal nor relevance to me.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-01-2023, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Instead of posting my sailor moon crossplay, I will just quietly say that Barbarian's wear a Kilt, not a dress, and nothing in the game can replicate their superior polar bear form illusion.