Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-08-2023, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. I am not sure why people keep thinking I am arguing FSI is life changing. I have never said that, and I have repeated myself hundreds of times at this point.
You tend to be long-winded (join the club, I am too often enough) and we live in the Sound Bite era: I figure a lot of folks aren't actually reading all of it. A fair number of folks read a couple lines then click "reply" looking to pick a fight.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You tend to be long-winded (join the club, I am too often enough) and we live in the Sound Bite era: I figure a lot of folks aren't actually reading all of it. A fair number of folks read a couple lines then click "reply" looking to pick a fight.
Yeah I figured at this point people are skimming. You just can't seem to win on these forums though. If you are succinct people try to "gotcha" you and take things out of context. If you explain your ideas in detail people don't read it lol.

I have tried both ways, and being long winded ends up being better, since at least you can show where people didn't read hehe.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I figured at this point people are skimming. You just can't seem to win on these forums though. If you are succinct people try to "gotcha" you and take things out of context. If you explain your ideas in detail people don't read it lol.

I have tried both ways, and being long winded ends up being better, since at least you can show where people didn't read hehe.
Thank you for finally admitting you are trying to win instead of accusing others of doing so!

I’m liking the progress 😁
Old 02-08-2023, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
FSI is better than Regeneration at level 60 in fact. You can run the numbers. Better doesn't mean "so good it's going to change your life". It just means statistically better when it matters. Some people like min/maxing every tiny percentage out of a game. I am not sure why people keep thinking I am arguing FSI is life changing. I have never said that, and I have repeated myself hundreds of times at this point.

When it comes to XP bonus vs. Regeneration, that is always going to be hard to quantify. Regeneration allows you to kill more mobs per hour, which means you are going to be getting more money/items while leveling. Even if Barbarians end up dinging 60 a bit sooner, if they want to have the same money/items as the troll, they will need to spend the time they saved farming stuff. Now obviously a Torpor Shaman can farm better than a pre-60 Shaman. But it does take time and skill to learn how to kill the good mobs with a Torpor Shaman, compared to just farming guards 20% longer.
There’s no numbers to support FSI being better than Regen at 60 hehe. Especially since you have to be tanking to actually get said benefit. You just believe the benefit is greater than the benefit of regen. Purely subjective, but you are entitled to your opinion. You don’t need to “win” everything, as you just previously admitted. It’s ok to accept there is no right answer, because there isn’t, or the shaman racial debate wouldn’t keep going. Nobody is debating about human monks over iksar monks for a reason.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s no numbers to support FSI being better than Regen at 60 hehe. Especially since you have to be tanking to actually get said benefit. You just believe the benefit is greater than the benefit of regen. Purely subjective, but you are entitled to your opinion. You don’t need to “win” everything, as you just previously admitted. It’s ok to accept there is no right answer, because there isn’t, or the shaman racial debate wouldn’t keep going. Nobody is debating about human monks over iksar monks for a reason.
Female iksar have tri dildo on their head, clearly inferior.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not sure why people keep thinking I am arguing FSI is life changing. I have never said that, and I have repeated myself hundreds of times at this point.
Uh....k.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for finally admitting you are trying to win instead of accusing others of doing so!

I’m liking the progress ��
See? Gotchas. That is an expression saying "you can't win". I am not literally saying I want to win. But again, this is the only thing you can do since you aren't actually showing evidence to support your position.

Quote:
I've posted loads of data. You simply ignoring it isn't an argument.

You just need to accept that in a video game, which is built on rules and math, there is a right and wrong answer. There is a best and worst racial. I am not sure why this bothers you, and you must force your belief on people that there is "no right answer". That is factually incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh....k.
If you don't believe me, please quote me where I said FSI was life changing or required. You won't find it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-08-2023 at 08:35 PM..
Old 02-08-2023, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
See? Gotchas. That is an expression saying "you can't win". I am not literally saying I want to win. But again, this is the only thing you can do since you aren't actually showing evidence to support your position.

Old 02-09-2023, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

You just need to accept that in a video game, which is built on rules and math, there is a right and wrong answer. There is a best and worst racial. I am not sure why this bothers you, and you must force your belief on people that there is "no right answer". That is factually incorrect.

If you don't believe me, please quote me where I said FSI was life changing or required. You won't find it.
There’s no way to actually prove FSI is superior though. If you had a million hours of shaman logs on an ogre, and a million hours of shaman logs on a troll/iksar, what exactly would be your rating criteria?

Getting stunned just means it took you longer to cast a spell. But regen means you will have more mana to cast spells because you don’t need to cast torpor as much. There’s no way you could possibly tell how many times FSI saved your life either. Even if it did, why would that make it better? A rare death here and there from a stun doesn’t make it better. This is what you fail to realize.

FSI benefits on a shaman are all theorycraft. It doesn’t equate to anything. We can show that an iksar monk can probably pull longer than a human monk with regen ticking. And also tank better with the ac bonus. There’s nothing we can actually measure to say FSI is better on a shaman. I wouldn’t be surprised if the troll snare necklace has saved more lives than shaman FSI. We can tell an ogre warrior can actually position better and generate more aggro in the long term with FSI.

I’ve said it before like many others. FSI is a benefit in that it removes the annoyance of getting stunned for shamans. That’s it. And it might make you a better jbb caster. But spamming jbb isn’t shaman min max.

You’re attempting to “win” an endless debate. I don’t know why you’re so set on trying to prove FSI is king. It’s not gonna happen. People already have made up their minds on which is better to them.
Last edited by Crede; 02-09-2023 at 12:24 AM..