Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Banned

Rofl so many people posting without reading the post first.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game came out 20 years ago. maybe let us have a chance at items?

Also, have you seen the blue server? You call all those twinks running around classic? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would have liked to see the faster spawn rate applied to more zones. We can spread out more if we have more viable places to xp. On release day, I was making 6 person groups for freeport trash work thanks to the increased spawn rate. It was fun.
Blue is horrid, that is what I DON'T want lol. The less gear inflating the economy the better.

Imagining Teal merging back into Green a year down the road and literally doubling the items is painful.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Kobold

Well I guess something had to be done, I really enjoyed seeing the initial chaos and yeah things will only get worse once everyone is crowded into a handful of spots, now to decide where I want to spend the rest of my days.....

Old 11-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a bad idea, in my opinion. Why? Because Green server is capping out around ~2000 to 2500 players. It's not going higher, we've achieved a player count that will never get higher than what it is now and people are spreading out over the world. The population will only decline. And players will continue to spread out and/or fall off as new content is released.

Dear Devs: EverQuest is a *LIMITED* world. It's what makes EverQuest so unique. You cannot appease every... single... player.. People are ALWAYS going to bitch, because its E V E R Q U E S T.

Why toy with the server population/community one week into Green launch? You guys have worked 10 years for this.

My prediction with Teal server launch: We will see population decrease across all servers. Thats my 2 cents. Happy Hunting out there.
Some issues here.

1. The current pop is hovering 2k-2.5k which is insane considering the server has been live a week, and the popular zones are already hitting 70+ (not including the 1--+ newbie zones on day one). That is only going to get worse as the non-neckbeards start hitting those levels.

2. A large amount of people are already focused only on getting some legacy items. Two servers will alleviate a great deal of the food stamp line for those items.

3. Spreading out over the world is cool and all but its zero sum if the goal is to level up and see actual content. Why join an oasis group for gators when sitting on a single spawn point in guk solo is comparable if not better experience. People who want to experience the game want to level up enough to not get murdered by a random snake.

4. More people than you realize are waiting for the shit show to taper off before joining further.

Frankly if you want green to stay a single server and support this population. Get rid of the ZEM so any zone with appropriate content provides similar exp instead of the best exp zone and loot zone being the bottleneck hell hole it currently is.

However I'm biased in the sense i want to relive classic where i get the neato legacy items, more servers=more chances
Old 11-01-2019, 11:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but who should split and who should stay? I play casually (a couple of hours a couple of times a week). Just a level 5-6 grinding it out and having fun! Should I /move or just keep on keeping on?
Old 11-01-2019, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some issues here.

1. The current pop is hovering 2k-2.5k which is insane considering the server has been live a week, and the popular zones are already hitting 70+ (not including the 1--+ newbie zones on day one). That is only going to get worse as the non-neckbeards start hitting those levels.

2. A large amount of people are already focused only on getting some legacy items. Two servers will alleviate a great deal of the food stamp line for those items.

3. Spreading out over the world is cool and all but its zero sum if the goal is to level up and see actual content. Why join an oasis group for gators when sitting on a single spawn point in guk solo is comparable if not better experience. People who want to experience the game want to level up enough to not get murdered by a random snake.

4. More people than you realize are waiting for the shit show to taper off before joining further.

Frankly if you want green to stay a single server and support this population. Get rid of the ZEM so any zone with appropriate content provides similar exp instead of the best exp zone and loot zone being the bottleneck hell hole it currently is.

However I'm biased in the sense i want to relive classic where i get the neato legacy items, more servers=more chances
My thoughts exactly, I know of several people that have already written the game off for a few months because it is 'too busy to play on'.

I honestly wonder what the optimal population was back in the day, I have a feeling we have exceeded that.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
The fact is, even at concurrent numbers of 1500 to 2000, it is simply too many players for pre-Kunark. Considering all of this, it has become clear that us that a second server has become necessary.
Did you guys even play on live? This is sort of close, but really not even that close to what just ONE out of dozens of server population was in 1999 (yes, pre-Kunark, I played). I get that people are unhappy they're falling behind because they want to go to the same high ZEM zones like everyone else, but that's classic. I guarantee there's mobs up all over that if people want to get xp, they can go there.

I've always had the most respect for your guys' relentless dedication to creating the most classic EQ experience, no matter how much people object to loss of quality-of-life things that are everywhere in MMOs now like instancing, so this is a huge disappointment. I've worked hard on Green but idk what the point is now if you're going to have 2 ez mode servers because they'll both have 1k pop. We've got 7 months of legacy items.. Are people really babyraging that hard because people are already getting manastones while they're still level 10?
Old 11-01-2019, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's one consistent thing about this server is seeing the Rogean and crew listen to feedback, weigh the pros and cons, and make a well thought out decision. There will always be people who don't like the idea, but I, for one, support it. Thanks again for the great server(s) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2019, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

The high population is part of the reason some people aren’t playing. Therefore, when the new server opens, the total population of both servers will probably exceed that of Green.

I’m saying 2500 / 2 could result in 1500. 2800 / 2 could be 2000.

Population will remain classically high.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

I d recommend no box between Green and Teal if that isnt already obvious.
Closed Thread