Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never saw you use anything but 1 handers. But i renenver a time in OT when you were beating gnar for like 5 mins with some random 1h trash and i turned around and swatted you like an annoying insect.
Cool Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 05-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe now they won't be priority kill in mass pvp
they are always priority kill in mass pvp for aoe stuns.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

The problem with rogue is it requires outwitting your opponent, and setting the stage for success. if you are a young dwarf rogue in 2007, you fought people in guk after they engaged mobs, or camped out near DE mask room and sneak/hid while they engaged assassin and killed the healer.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanters are sick if played well. Probably one of the best pvp classes in group fights.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Orc

So you can't do illusion tricks anymore? Is that an aspect of the P99/OtherServer code, or something outside their control, such as something inherent to client?

Also, not sure if I got an answer for this, sorry if I missed it: Do mesmerize and charm work on Player Characters?

At first glance, the Enchanter spell list makes it look like the Enchanter is a total beast in PvP, and I certainly enjoyed playing mine on Tallon. But I don't know the mechanics and strategies as well as everyone else here, and I intend to try and take my Enchanter as far as I can, instead of just level 20.. so the info is much appreciated.

I'd like to know the strengths, so I can tinker with them and see what I can pull off.

Thanks for all the input so far. =)
Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

illusion trick can work to some degree. Minor illusin will make you look like a box or what ever and it hides your name but the client that eq uses has a target ring so if a person had you targeted they would see a ring around a box.

Mez does work on players and charm doesnt,well charm isnt coded to. The devs could code it to work on players but doubt it.

Strength= annoyance and disabling
Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanXZOBMV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you can't do illusion tricks anymore? Is that an aspect of the P99/OtherServer code, or something outside their control, such as something inherent to client?

Also, not sure if I got an answer for this, sorry if I missed it: Do mesmerize and charm work on Player Characters?

At first glance, the Enchanter spell list makes it look like the Enchanter is a total beast in PvP, and I certainly enjoyed playing mine on Tallon. But I don't know the mechanics and strategies as well as everyone else here, and I intend to try and take my Enchanter as far as I can, instead of just level 20.. so the info is much appreciated.

I'd like to know the strengths, so I can tinker with them and see what I can pull off.

Thanks for all the input so far. =)
Dont know what your reffering to with illusion tricks...... if its just the spell then yes you can use them and it will change your faction in certain cities and occasionally confuse a newbie in pvp... you can use the mesmerize line of spells on other players, thats your main spell line in pvp after tash and dispells. You cannot charm other players....... but charming stuff onto other players is a very good pvp tactic as long as your charm buff on him is buried pretty deep but thats for another day.....

Enchanter is probably best in small group pvp say 3 a side or maybe 4-4. The higher the #'s get, the more likely the enchanter is gonna struggle to get many spells off, or even get mowed down fairly quickly.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Orc

Ahh, I see. Well, if I plan on using illusions as I did before, then they shouldn't have a target ring on me until I've already begun my assault/disabling.

By ''illusion tricks'', I mean using illusions to get an extra edge over other players. For example (used this example a few times now), back in Kunark/Velious era Live, Tallon Zek, I would take my DE Enchanter into Freeport. Freeport often had Human and Elf-team types roaming about, and I would use Minor Illusion to turn into a cactus. Neat, because it trumps See Invisible and such (at least as far as I'm aware.. no one got the first attack on me while in Cactus form), and it was humorous to nuke passing players and have them look around for the aggressor.

Glad that Mez works, didn't really expect Charm to.. but that would be extremely OP, I imagine.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Banned

CACTUS FORM GO
Old 05-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanXZOBMV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh, I see. Well, if I plan on using illusions as I did before, then they shouldn't have a target ring on me until I've already begun my assault/disabling.

By ''illusion tricks'', I mean using illusions to get an extra edge over other players. For example (used this example a few times now), back in Kunark/Velious era Live, Tallon Zek, I would take my DE Enchanter into Freeport. Freeport often had Human and Elf-team types roaming about, and I would use Minor Illusion to turn into a cactus. Neat, because it trumps See Invisible and such (at least as far as I'm aware.. no one got the first attack on me while in Cactus form), and it was humorous to nuke passing players and have them look around for the aggressor.

Glad that Mez works, didn't really expect Charm to.. but that would be extremely OP, I imagine.
it will work on people with down syndrome for sure.