Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Orc

Default Efficiency of an Enchanter

Few quick questions, hopefully some of the seasoned PvP Enchanters (if there are any?) and victims could shed some light on the issue for me.

Enchanters are probably my second-least favorite class to play in PvE.. just after Cleric. However, my highest level and most used character in Team PvP on Tallon Zek in Live was an Enchanter. I had tons of fun playing with illusions and whatnot, which brings me to a few questions.

How ''good'' is an Enchanter in PvP? Like, the primary strengths and weaknesses and such. What areas is an Enchanter good in? I ask because my Enchanter hardly broke level 20 (I preferred staying low level, so I could stick around Nek and toy with people in Freeport by Minor Illusioning into a cactus, and spent a lot of time making enchanted silver for other lower-level Darkies).

As such, there's a few things I don't know... such as... do Mez and Charm affect PCs? Can I Blind, Whirl, Root, Chase the Moon, and DoT someone for ridiculous amounts of CC? Will my pet actually make a difference? etc.

Actual input and information is appreciated. QQ, hate, trolling, etc is not. I know it's hard for a lot of you, but I think you can manage.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

you can't minor illusion or use illusions to trick ppl anymore. your name will appear over your head regardless. also target ring will make it obvious where you are

how spells land will depend on what the admins want
Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

Enchanters are one of the most OP classes versus low MR noobs, but it drops off pretty sharply after that to a rapture/tash instadie-to-any1-good bot oshit that warrior just crippled twice your total hp.
Last edited by naez; 05-27-2011 at 05:00 PM..
Old 05-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned

420 smoke w33d ereyday
Old 05-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Rune

Tash>pillage>pillage>root/blind/mez>manasieve>nuke
or
Tash>pillage>pillage>let rest of group kill
Old 05-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

on box 1.0, enchanters were the shit. Max charm duration every cast regardless of charisma, whirl being majorly OP, etc.

They're gonna take a big hit with p99 code
Old 05-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe now they won't be priority kill in mass pvp
Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

I have a feeling with everyones gripes about root/snare and how hard melee was hitting on previous boxes you will see less roots and less melee dmg so fights will last longer which is a good thing for ench.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

I played an enchanter on 1.0. I admit back then I was horrible at pvp but it didn't matter I was the first target and always dead within a minute.

Never going that route again. I was wondering about playing a wizard. But casters just die so fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 05-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

shadowstep/yonder is a beautiful thing......... if you die early on a wizard you're either really bad or super unlucky
Closed Thread