Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

rooted halp
Old 05-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I'm trying to wrap my mind around how wehrmact would use this video to cling to his argument. It's like this one repetitive thing is engulfing his thoughts and hes unable to grasp anything else.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats because classic had egg shaped pumice you fucking moron goddamn fucking stain of a jackass. Get the fuck over getting dominated and raped on VZ/TZ because your too fucking stupid to stack enough MR to resist or too fucking stupid to use some fucking pumice.

And just in case your too fucking inept to find it, it was insta cast, like 5 charges, and spammable. Fuck, your fucking annoying.
In that sea of rage, dude makes a good point.

Part of the reason I never died was because I stocked up on insta-gate potions, golem wands, insta click dd wands on my casters, regen pots, etc.

Knoxx would tell you that is skill, however it is more preparation/pvp saavy imo. Either way, Rexx had a multitude of ways to atleast escape in that particular circumstance.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats because classic had egg shaped pumice you fucking moron goddamn fucking stain of a jackass. Get the fuck over getting dominated and raped on VZ/TZ because your too fucking stupid to stack enough MR to resist or too fucking stupid to use some fucking pumice.

And just in case your too fucking inept to find it, it was insta cast, like 5 charges, and spammable. Fuck, your fucking annoying.
Oh boy, it's some angry peon that nobodys ever heard of before crying at me. He played TZ but is too ashamed to even say who his character was on that server or TZVZ.

You can try and invent whatever kind of "personal attack" you want on me, that doesn't change the fact that the TZVZ system was far worse than EQ live due to the reasons already mentioned.

If you roll a caster, you can fight 1vs2's and use spells like shadowstep and levitate to hit and run bomb people then just gate at the first sign of danger. The risk of dying is low and reward of being able to kill people is high. Even if you play like a complete idiot and end up with 10 people meleeing you at the same time, you can channel gate right through it all and instantly vanish on the broken ass TZVZ server.

Melees on the other hand go into 1vs2's such as the Rexx video with little chance of catching a caster to kill them and a huge chance of being chain CC spammed and nuked to death just like what happened there. Null basically completely destroyed the risk vs reward balance between the 2 class archetypes.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

calm down wehrm.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes it so if you're ever in a 1vs2 fight, no matter how terrible of players they are, they automatically win. One person just runs in circles while the other guy stands in place continuously spamming crowd control spells just like what happened in this video.
You're bitching that 1vs2 and the 2 will almost always win? And you think that viable CC spells in pvp (which you are against) is the cause? If anything, viable CC spells in pvp would help 2vs1 combat. You know, 2 making a 'crowd' thus 'controlling' one of them while the other dies.

WTF kind of logic is that anyways? 2vs1 should win 95+% of the time anyways.

Also, him getting rooted/snared is hardly the reason why he lost. It might be the reason why he didn't kill one of you before dying, but not why he lost.

Before I go on, I DO agree that cc spells should be very highly resistable; to the point where it is not worth the spell slot/mana to use it. Not only is it classic, but it really makes sense. I really don't want everyone and their mother rolling rangers/paladins while they spam root/snare on their way to victory like on Altergate.

Even if he wasn't able to be rooted, the guy he was beating on would have just had to run around/strafe/etc to avoid getting hit (though I think the melee range was a lot greater on that server than live, from what I have heard) and the druid would have just tossed a heal instead of rooting/snaring and still would have nuked him into oblivion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For anyone wanting a skill based PvP system, the problem with that video is pretty obvious. There is just too little chance of either person on the side with two people dying, and too high of a chance for the other guy dying no matter what the skill level is of the people involved.
So what you're again suggesting is removing the element from casters which allows them ANY and ALL chance at ever killing a melee 1v1, much less surviving the fight, right? All the melee needs is MR past what was it you said, some dumb shit like 140? And boom, they are on your ass non-stop while their victim is generally in cloth or maybe leather. Having to roll the dice on channeling through generally long casting spells (Post 39, anyway), and subject to a slam or a bash.

See, because you're so hell bent with your fascination of absolving CC in EQ PvP, there is a drastic other side to this. At the risk of sounding like a "OMG SUPER KOOTER STALKER", get your stupid shit together and stop posting this same fucking issue 50 times, and come up with a compromise that isn't going to alter the classic "red p99" vibe that will more than likely be attached to it.

Quote:
Why implement a system that discourages PvP? It obviously needs to be changed to give people some incentive to stick around.

Sounds like the classic system discourages YOU from PvP. There is already chances of say, upon DOT tick or damage inflicted per DD that the root/snare breaks. While I do agree that CCs shouldn't last for their entire in duration on players (Much like DD's shouldn't always do full damage to them), there shouldn't be a point where they are flat out totally resisted. Not even 95%, or even 90%.

This was back when I was playing on a PvP server before you were. And people were pretty encouraged to PvP, because melees knew how to pumice shit off of them properly by using vacant top buff slots, and stacked MR appropriately so that they weren't rooted/snared *AS* often, and even if it was, the duration wasn't crazy long, and there was always the looming chance of it being removed per a damage tick or DD blast inflicted.
Last edited by Koota; 05-25-2011 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: Added more shit
Old 05-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

i agree with koota
Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rooted halp

hoho +rep 2 u sire
Old 05-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Won many 1v2s on the box as both druid and warrior and a few 1v3s as druid. Ever heard of pumice? This post was retarded and not worth reading. Would not recommend as a read even for my worst enemy.
haha
Closed Thread