Release all content after Kunark integrated into old world zones 7 21.21%
Release every Velious zone but no expansions after 26 78.79%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht
Default EQ: Too many zones for PvP after Kunark

Contrary to popular opinion that instanced and keyed zones ruined the EQ live PvP servers, it actually occurred much sooner. Even with over 1000 people online, having Velious open just resulted in too many barren, mid-level and outdoors zones with nobody in them. Anybody that played EQ live PvP servers knows this but nobody really talks about it and instead tries to blame it on something more obvious like PoK or Luclin.

During Classic, you have most high level PvP centered around Guk and SolB, just two zones that direct a lot of PvP traffic around them and occasionally dragons or planes.

Once Kunark opens, you have high level PvP centered around Karnors, Sebillis, and occasionally Chardok/dragons/planes. PvP is still being funneled mostly around 2 places. The main thing to note here is that Kunark loot made most of classic loot completely obsolete, so the player base doesn't really become diluted by the addition of more zones. People just don't go to the older zones at all since there's no reason to, except an occasional epic quest item, froglok crown, or whatever.

It sounds ironic due to the reason why, but this is where the real problem starts. Velious comes out with many new high level areas while making very little Kunark content obsolete. Most high level PvP was occuring on just 1 continent before, and centered around only a few places. Now high level PvP is scattered across 2 continents and many places. The number of useless, mid-level, outdoors zones where nobody will ever find each other to PvP but you are forced to traverse anyway has also increased exponentially:

- The giant, barren zone of Iceclad ocean (as people search for lodizal)
- The giant, barren zone of Great Divide (as people run around Kael and Thurg)
- The giant, barren zone of Cobalt scar (as people run to Dragon Necropolis and ToV)
- The giant, barren zone of Wakening Lands (as people run to Skyshrine and Kael)
- The giant, barren zone of Eastern Wastes (as people run to and from Sleepers)
- The giant, barren zone of Western Wastes (as people run to ToV)

Even though the Kunark expansion added more zones, Velious dilutes PvP way more than Kunark did. I don't think the answer is to stop the server at Kunark. A server with no future expansions basically has no future. I think if this server ever is released, it should probably include all the normal classic and Kunark zones, but go custom after that and integrate the entrances for all content from Velious and beyond into the existing zones.

An example of this is how people were talking about integrating PoP zones into the old world for P99 blue server:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11879

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by wehrmacht; 05-22-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
<wehrmacht> no, I quit when I was 60, most people were still 55-58 and I could easily kill 10 of them at the same time

this.

Epic pvp happens in all of those zones when people are gathering for raid targets, barring EW really, nothing happens there.

Emu would see massive pvp in those zones, probably a wet dream years away though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misto View Post
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht View Post
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ROOT, LETS DUEL, NO ROOTS, I GET TO START ON 100% HP AND YOU ON 50% BECAUSE YOU HIT HARDER THAN ME.
Quote:
<cc0> Bombfist: I hear chicks want to do you based on the power of your voice alone
<cc0> respect
Bombfist The Lizard King: Bringing Basketball to Degenerate Trolls since 1999
Old 05-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Aviak

<wehrmacht> bombfist why did you post an IRC quote that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread
<wehrmacht> it looks like you just forged it out of thin air
<Bombfist> dunno, seems to have worked
<Bombfist> lololol
<wehrmacht> I might as well quote you talking about having sex with secrets
<Bombfist> you quit at 60 when everyone else was max level 58 roughly, yes?
<wehrmacht> since it also has nothing to do with the thread
<Bombfist> meaning you saw no real contest for the zone dragons, you complete moron
<BinnyPhone> do it!

HAD2UPDATEPOSTFORWEHRMACKT

Quote:
go hang yourself.
Quote:
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ROOT, LETS DUEL, NO ROOTS, I GET TO START ON 100% HP AND YOU ON 50% BECAUSE YOU HIT HARDER THAN ME.
Quote:
<cc0> Bombfist: I hear chicks want to do you based on the power of your voice alone
<cc0> respect
Old 05-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Aviak

<wehrmacht> I just told you 400 times, I quit because you could walk around for hours and not find anyone to fight even with 1000 people online
<Koota> Oh lord, someone strayed from the intended topic in your thread.
<BinnyPhone> hey kooter
<wehrmacht> no, his quote just makes no sense for the thread
<Koota> You are reckless, bombfist.
<Bombfist> i didn't ask why you quit bro
<Bombfist> i already know
<Koota> hi binner
<Bombfist> people caught up in levels, shit got hard

Quote:
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Quote:
<cc0> respect
Old 05-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

The Chernobyl disaster (locally, Chornobyl Catastrophe) was a nuclear accident that occurred on 26 April 1986 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine (officially Ukrainian SSR), which was under the direct jurisdiction of the central Moscow's authorities. An explosion and fire released large quantities of radioactive contamination into the atmosphere, which spread over much of Western USSR and Europe. It is considered the worst nuclear power plant accident in history, and is one of only two classified as a level 7 event on the International Nuclear Event Scale (the other being the Fukushima I nuclear accidents). The battle to contain the contamination and avert a greater catastrophe ultimately involved over 500,000 workers and cost an estimated 18 billion rubles, crippling the Soviet economy.

The disaster began during a systems test on Saturday, 26 April 1986 at reactor number four of the Chernobyl plant, which is near the city of Prypiat and within a close proximity to the administrative border with Belarus and Dnieper river. There was a sudden power output surge, and when an emergency shutdown was attempted, a more extreme spike in power output occurred, which led to a reactor vessel rupture and a series of explosions. These events exposed the graphite moderator of the reactor to air, causing it to ignite. The resulting fire sent a plume of highly radioactive smoke fallout into the atmosphere and over an extensive geographical area, including Pripyat. The plume drifted over large parts of the western Soviet Union and Europe. From 1986 to 2000, 350,400 people were evacuated and resettled from the most severely contaminated areas of Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine. According to official post-Soviet data, about 60% of the fallout landed in Belarus.

The accident raised concerns about the safety of the Soviet nuclear power industry, as well as nuclear power in general, slowing its expansion for a number of years and forcing the Soviet government to become less secretive about its procedures
Old 05-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Aviak

<wehrmacht> The last day I played Sullon Zek, I looked for PvP for like 5 hours straight, the only person I found was a Darkenbane rogue named Dougie Fresh, got him to 20% hp then he zone plugged
<Bombfist> http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37761
<Bombfist> there you go binny
<Bombfist> it's funnier since you first asked
<Bombfist> lmao
<wehrmacht> you just double posted
<Bombfist> you couldn't find anyone online in 5 hours with 1000 people online
<wehrmacht> the same thing twice
<Koota> Looks pretty different to me.
<Koota> TAKE A CLOSER LOOK, SCOUNDREL.
<Bombfist> no i didn't wehrmacht
<Bombfist> wait
<Bombfist> i can see why it took you 5 hours to find 1 person
<Bombfist> lenses
<Bombfist> get new ones

Quote:
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Quote:
<cc0> respect
Old 05-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Orc

I am indirectly making appearances itt.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Anything custom fucking blows. Look at any other custom pvp box like altergate.

Take the good with the bad, if red99 ever happens just be happy it did. Also lol@ bombfist owning wormcheck.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Aviak

<wehrmacht> I have plenty of people that want to kill me, none of them talk like that
<Koota> You have people that want to kill you?
<wehrmacht> probably
<Koota> Cool.
<Bombfist> he means in everquest
<Koota> I don't think he does lol
<Bombfist> nah, he does - if you're considering "life" to be the other option, i think they molded into the same thing in 1999.
<Bombfist> he runs around his basement
<Bombfist> asking family members to stop rooting him
<Bombfist> since he should be able to resist it after 10 years of trying
<Koota> lol
<Koota> Cater the zones and the resist system to how I want it please. Otherwise that shit is just way too inconvenient and difficult for me.

Quote:
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Quote:
<cc0> respect
Old 05-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

SZ had shit for sustained population, teams got lopsided and people got griefed off the server more easily

I played on tz and pvp was always around the corner up until about end of PoP, the quality of pvp dropped though in luclin.

Bombfist, i love you
Closed Thread