Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Kobold

Server has come down to the career virgins staying up all night getting lvl 40 and camping the noobie zones. Great server, tons of skill involved.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Banned

reasons server blows thus far.

1> resist system is completely fucked, druid dots resisting multiple times in a row against light blue mobs and even con players. (supposed to be extreme low resistance rate) full resists on nukes occur approximately 10% of the time.

2> many spells removed (at least sow was added after i initially noticed it was gone) or changed, just discovered invis lasts 30 seconds. so you get to aggro the entire zone while looking for a fight and when you find one dirtnap when then mobs catch up. or things like snare/root lasting about 3 ticks before breaking making them essentially worthless. also stuff that will probably be fixed but is annoying to deal with atm such as no reagant vendors or mob drops for spells that require them.

3> none of the staple pvp items/consumeables are in game.

4> low population and the majority of the existing population only log on in groups.

5> the fact that the server is custom and not remotely eq, most folks want to play eq when playing on an eq emulator

6> a decent portion of the servers small population are using at a minimum showeq or whatever the 10 years modern equivalent is.

7> old bugs still persist in terms of circle ghosting, standing with a foot in a puddle of water blocks spells and a few others i noticed and forgot.

8> gay shit probably related to the new client like not being able to refresh your buff stack without it filling up empty spaces forcing you to redo the entire thing every 20 minutes.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

ill see all you guys in queynos when you decide to roll legit chars.
i think we hits 45 or 50 members today but i could be wrong awaiting census.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

he beat it 40 times? i want my money back. i just bought a game called Quest i guess. thought this was EVERquest
Old 05-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reasons server blows thus far

1> resist system is completely fucked, druid dots resisting multiple times in a row against light blue mobs and even con players. (supposed to be extreme low resistance rate) full resists on nukes occur approximately 10% of the time.
Tarwine admitted that resists aren't even close to perfect and it's a main priority to fix em. However, as a max level monk, while most people are over 20 levels below me, root/snare/mez lands quite a bit @ 60-70 mr. So, middleish resist score, at least 20 level advantage, and spells land on me constantly. Casters just want OP mode usually.

Quote:
2> many spells removed (at least sow was added after i initially noticed it was gone) or changed, just discovered invis lasts 30 seconds. so you get to aggro the entire zone while looking for a fight and when you find one dirtnap when then mobs catch up. or things like snare/root lasting about 3 ticks before breaking making them essentially worthless. also stuff that will probably be fixed but is annoying to deal with atm such as no reagant vendors or mob drops for spells that require them.
The invis alterations are fine. How about not being a bumbling idiot and walking around mobs if you don't want aggro? The middle of this complaint is back to resists, which was addressed above. There's reagent vendors for gems etc, skeletons drop bone chips, etc... I think you're wrong!

Quote:
3> none of the staple pvp items/consumeables are in game.
Like... what? Pumice is for sale, and drops from enemy guards. Some other clickies and such are purchasable through pvp points.

Quote:
4> low population and the majority of the existing population only log on in groups.
It's a brand new pvp server with over 70 unique players. There's 9 zones. Almost everyone is still leveling in the same 3 zones. "People form groups" is not a valid complaint on any EQ pvp server.

Quote:
5> the fact that the server is custom and not remotely eq, most folks want to play eq when playing on an eq emulator
It's completely EQ, except quests/items/nameds etc are different so it's fresh and gives players a chance to gain advantages by discovering shit for the first time. This is a huge advantage that any classic EQ PVP server can never have.

Quote:
6> a decent portion of the servers small population are using at a minimum showeq or whatever the 10 years modern equivalent is.
Yeah, whatever, this will happen on any EQ Emu, especially PVP. People are starting to get banned. It's way too easy to cheat on EQ, you will always be playing with and against cheaters. Man up.

Quote:
7> old bugs still persist in terms of circle ghosting, standing with a foot in a puddle of water blocks spells and a few others i noticed and forgot.
So... do you want EQ mechanics or not? You seem confused.

Quote:
8> gay shit probably related to the new client like not being able to refresh your buff stack without it filling up empty spaces forcing you to redo the entire thing every 20 minutes.
This is on essentially every EQEmu server. I'm starting to think you don't actually play the game and instead just whine on forums all day.

lol wut
Old 05-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server has come down to the career virgins staying up all night getting lvl 40 and camping the noobie zones. Great server, tons of skill involved.
If you need to be a career virgin to level on this server, you should give up gaming. I started playing when the server came up, went out for a couple hours to the bar, went to a party afterwards, logged in for a bit more, slept, woke up, and hit 40.

How about you spend the couple hours it takes to level up to kill the level 40s killing your noob friends?

lol wut
Old 05-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Leaderboard will be death of the server

Shit becomes Pointfest. I logged in for 5 min and saw same guy die 3 times in a row to different people for 2 points each. Dumb
Old 05-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

Line of sight is messed up through water, at least different from what I distinctly remember on Live. I use to run out in OT levitated over the water and easily cast on the melees who would chase and have to swim for a chance at my target ring.

Resists, also, are ridiculously fucked up, even after tash...: www.tinyurl.com/10lifetaps

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The buff stacking thing is pretty annoying, a bug I noticed on Emu which game mechanic was different on Live. I located where it is controlled by the server but the spell code is so messy + lazy so I've never really attempted to fix it to the correct behavior. I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly hard to do though, but since bluebies don't really care about buff stackin 99% of the time (maybe for certain encounters?) it just has never been patched in the emulator code.

Another annoying stock emu bug is officers can remove the guild leader, which I think fucks everything up and the GM-Impossible has to go in and hand edit the DB tables to restore leadership...
Last edited by naez; 05-08-2011 at 02:18 AM..
Old 05-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Ping was surprisingly good for me, though. Can joust the way it's meant to be unlike p99 where for some reason it sits around 150 or some shit.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leaderboard will be death of the server

Shit becomes Pointfest. I logged in for 5 min and saw same guy die 3 times in a row to different people for 2 points each. Dumb
Leaderboard will be the death of a PVP server because it promotes PVP? What?

Also, I did some research: https://twitter.com/#!/search/darwoth

Darwoth died like 4 times and to no one over level 20 or so. He also had his fair share of murdering people on his own team. Lol.

lol wut
Closed Thread