Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats interesting..... considering i died maybe 3 times all of 3.0 on my monk when snares landed a lot..... being outnumbered 95% of the time. He could of dispelled his snare on numerous occasions in this fight but did not, of course hes gonna end up dead.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
truth, atleast on his monk
however we elders know his weakness and how he dies on others toons
Old 05-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
truth, atleast on his monk
however we elders know his weakness and how he dies on others toons
ehehehehehe we can keep that to ourselves
Old 05-27-2011, 05:32 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

this just in: people die in pvp
Old 05-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Orc

MR broski.

So...

Team-based PvP doesn't work because Lone Star can't win a 2v1. Essentially, he cannot solo a team.

Sounds like an intriguing thought process.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanXZOBMV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MR broski.

So...

Team-based PvP doesn't work because Lone Star can't win a 2v1. Essentially, he cannot solo a team.

Sounds like an intriguing thought process.
I don't know what language this is supposed to be but obviously if you create a server where 2 people can easily kill solo players through the use of spamming crowd control, you are introducing a game dynamic that promotes zerging to win while also penalizing solo'ers.

In real EQ, you weren't guaranteed free kills by zerging and soloing was much more viable. You can't change everything about how the game worked and still call it EQ.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Orc

I guess that makes sense.

Still, I'd argue that.. on a team PvP server, some smarts are required. If two people who are only as half as ''skilled'' as their single opponent decide to gang up on someone.. well, you already know the outcome.

It is Team-based for a reason. If you're going against a team.. and you don't have a team... doesn't matter how skilled you are really. It's really just kind of stupid. Now if you're taken unexpectedly, then you're not really stupid.. just unlucky.

But shit happens.

The whole point of a Team-based server, as stunning as it may sound, involves PvP with teams. If you are attempting to solo PvP on a Team-based server, I really can't say much beyond ''good luck''.

I played often with my Dark Elf Enchanter on Tallon, and really found no issue. I was ganked by groups of PVPers a lot.. but that is to be expected on a team-based server. In reality, you'd have the exact same issue on a FFA-server if there were a couple buddies than decided to group up and go out PvPing, so I really don't understand how this is an example of why TZVZ is bad.. and not just an example of bad luck or poor preparation that likely exists on every form of PvP this Red server could fulfill.

And there's something to be said about classes as well. A Warrior, even an extremely well-geared one.. is probably going to have some issues when two mobility-buffed spellcasters are coming after him. Even moreso if those casters are even half-way as decently geared as him.

Unless I'm still missing your point somehow, in which feel free to dumb it down for me.

Edit: Came to my attention that we are possibly not talking about the same TZVZ here. Are you talking emulated or Live?
Last edited by MegamanXZOBMV; 05-27-2011 at 01:50 PM..
Old 05-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

Hi!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanXZOBMV
Edit: Came to my attention that we are possibly not talking about the same TZVZ here. Are you talking emulated or Live?
Did you seriously think me posting a video subtitled "best geared warrior on server being chain rooted/snared/stunned and killed" was somehow representative of EQ live? rofl

That video is not how EQ live PvP looked at all.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Orc

Ah, sorry about that then. I wasn't even aware an emulated TZVZ server existed.. I thought it was still in development.

So then, I'm assuming that the server's mechanics are a bit different than the way Live used to have? I played on Tallon from Kunark through Luclin.. so that's what I'm used to.
Closed Thread