Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Global chat channels and parcels vastly reduce the opportunity cost and time sinks of trading.

The advance loot system is interesting, I'm not sure if I fully got my head around it yet.

People have been very active inviting me to groups (Erudite Paladin) and have been pretty trusting with trades (including buying a set of banded armor on credit)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main situation on a live era-locked TLP is that the server population is going to crash hard, and crash quickly. Instancing may seem like its great, but it really doesn't fit a game like EQ. Scarcity of resources (loot) is what helps build the economy and keeps people coming back. Agnarr is probably already into the phase where nothing sells because everyone is in 100% no drop dragon/planes gear.
I have very limited experience with this server.

What I have seen: Skull shaped barbutes, which lets face it are awesome sauce hats and come from one of the top non-raid bosses go for just 60pp. Constant yellow text for planar/dragon boss defeats. Advertisements for buying planar loot rights.
Last edited by Jimjam; 07-05-2017 at 05:03 PM..
Old 07-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Aviak

I consider P99 dead at this point. No, Agnarr isn't "classic". Neither is P99. Agnarr is definitely less "classic" because it has many quality-of-life improvements. If you're looking for relentless corpse runs and a toxic raid scene (+ even more toxic staff), definitely continue playing P99! Myself and many others have moved away for something better.

The sub-par population on P99 reflects the influence of better options out there now... Sirken, Braknar, Rogean, and Nilbog have maintained a stale and unimaginative server... time to move on, guys. Halloween events are even a massive fail (look at the disaster that happened last year). They've tossed around other new options to stay relevant (like the team server), but don't have the commitment to make it happen.
Last edited by hookthem; 07-05-2017 at 06:16 PM..
Old 07-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

This. You buy Krono (playtime) for real money, and you can trade it to other people in-game. That's built-in RMT outside of the "marketplace" that makes it game-breaking. Granted, I only played for one weekend, but unless it's since been banned I saw plenty of /auction for items/krono trades.

Not that I like the "marketplace" concept either. Group xp potions? 3 hour regen/sow/clarity that persists through death? You're playing a different game altogether.

-Mcoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried it.

I didn't like the RMT capabilities built in, some have said they are minimal but the idea that real money can buy you extra EXP (potions) or other items just doesn't work for me. Investing time to get benefits, not cash.

It has a million weird features, a lot of hand holding related stuff. I didn't feel like I was in the EQ I enjoy.

That said the concept is really cool and if they would strip down the UI/features a little / strip the easy mode features a little / and completely remove spending converted cash into in game weird currency I would have stuck with it. I would have lived inside that place, instead I live inside P1999.

On that note, thank you very much to the P1999 hosts. Six to seven years and still loving the fun here.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Banned

the only thing dying on p99 is the raid scene, which will die and be reborn once there is a vacuum at the top.

What are the pop stats on Phinny ? How long did that server really thrive... 6 months? a year?

I think p99 is doing pretty well considering we're in year 7 here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Those of us who like it have figured out the right pace to play. When they release Green (and hopefully teams), there will be large surges in pop as hundreds of full-time EQ players who have had to go elsewhere to get their cravings met come back for the shininess.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only thing dying on p99 is the raid scene, which will die and be reborn once there is a vacuum at the top.

What are the pop stats on Phinny ? How long did that server really thrive... 6 months? a year?

I think p99 is doing pretty well considering we're in year 7 here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Those of us who like it have figured out the right pace to play. When they release Green (and hopefully teams), there will be large surges in pop as hundreds of full-time EQ players who have had to go elsewhere to get their cravings met come back for the shininess.
/nod
Old 07-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

WTS Agnarr-enabled mq2, 10 kronos each pst.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Kobold

Anyone who thinks instancing kills a tlp is a fucking moron. Phinny is about to enter Gates of Discord and you can still sell vox/naggy loot for decent cash. The replayability offered by instancing is great. Got all your BiS on your main? No problem, roll an alt and see how much NTOV gear you can get on a lvl 1. Seems like a lot more fun than staring at a spawn point for 6 hours waiting for no real reason.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who thinks instancing kills a tlp is a fucking moron. Phinny is about to enter Gates of Discord and you can still sell vox/naggy loot for decent cash. The replayability offered by instancing is great. Got all your BiS on your main? No problem, roll an alt and see how much NTOV gear you can get on a lvl 1. Seems like a lot more fun than staring at a spawn point for 6 hours waiting for no real reason.
if its so fun why even come to this forum to spread the great word? sounds like you're desperate to get people to play elfsim quest with you to be posting on a different servers forums.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sad man trapped forever in the mind of a 14 year old boy who thinks selling pixels is good cash per hour invested
Old 07-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guy is a complete fucking moron that plays the game strictly to RMT.
^ Guy is a complete fucking moron that plays the forum strictly to run his mouth.
Closed Thread