Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

best advice IMHO is get a "basic" case with good airflow (no LED's), unless you plan on attracting other dudes to your bedroom there is no need for some half plastic/glass brighter than the sun swirly LED mess.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a Hard Job Being a Daddy Dom.

It's a job that it's not cut out for many.

Here are some of the things you will have to learn to do or how to deal with:

Learning to speak in the third person (i.e. Daddy wants you to cum for him)
Glitter is NOT your enemy. No, really it is not, you will see it so much and everywhere you will come to love it yourself....Eventually.
Your legs will fall asleep quite often, from having a "grown up child" on your lap... A lot, but really you'll get used to it.... Eventually.
Enforcing rules requires patience, lots and lots of patience, you will often feel like you are in the military.
Speaking of rules, know that your Little is very skillful and resourceful when it comes to rules negotiations, etc.
Watching cartoons will often be replace by your favorite sport on TV...But you'll get use to it....Eventually.
You must always have some sort of sweets/candy on hand AT ALL TIMES.
You must always have an endless supply of stickers.
You will hear all the excuses on planet Earth about not being able to do chores, in some cases even tasks assigned.
There really is no limit on how many stuffies a Little can have, and when in doubt, buy them another stuffie.
Mood swings are a thing, yes they happen quite often, nope, nothing you can do about them.
Building a blanket forte "perfectly" or to your Little's "instructions" will be more difficult then putting together a baby crib or cabinet, the difference is, one comes with real instructions.
Did I mention glitter will become your best friend yet? Specially when you see it all over the place, yes that means even your toys...But, you will get used to it....Eventually.
Learning how to sleep on your side or on 1/3 of the bed and with stuffies all around and in between you will be difficult and quite challenging.
Learning the names of all your Little's stuffies, and I mean ALL of them. Mixing or forgetting their name is a huge offense and you will have a very pouty Little when this happens. They have too many, you say? I wish you good luck my friend, good luck!
Being a Daddy Dom It's s a hard job but the rewards you get are:

Being someone's entire Universe
Being a Super Hero on someone's eyes
All the cuddles and kisses
Someone who is willing to please and serve you in everyway
Someone who melts with just a pat on their head
You're very own personal fuck toy
Being entrusted with someone else's love and heart

PS: This mostly apply to ME and the kind of Little I am, as all Littles are different.

Please feel free to add your own!

=^.^=

i realy hope you post this filth some more on these filtthy forums
Old 06-24-2017, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a solid Everquest machine right there
I can run everquest AND keep the wiki open in Google Chrome. AT THE SAME TIME.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

lol'd

I'll be honest, I never really understood the draw to lit up PC cases and components. Did this trend emerge after the fast and the furious movies started coming out with every pizza delivery driver throwing sweet under glow on their ford focuses? Or did it start sooner than that?

Not trying to make fun of anyone, I just don't get why you'd want lights distracting you from the monitor. Especially if you're playing at night. I mean, even when I was like 17-19 and we had big LAN parties to play CS 1.5, TFC, warcraft 3, quake, diablo 2, etc etc, nobody cared what our PC's looked like.

It just seems like an unnecessary expense. And before LED lighting came out, just another source of unnecessary heat as well.
Last edited by Bardalicious; 06-27-2017 at 03:28 AM..
Old 06-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Stop leaning towards returning the 250gb M.2 and just do it. You absolutely need the 500gb.

You will only need a 1080ti to push even the most demanding games to their limits. A 1080 ti runs every game I've thrown at it on max settings running an Acer Predator x34 ultra wide (1440 reso at 100mhz).

The 1080 TI FE card gets very hot very quickly - it hits 82-83 degrees Celsius and then throttles performance at that point - considering water cooling it with the EVGA water cooling kit they sell. I did this and now my card has never gone above 55C.

1000 watt PSU is overkill even if your considering SLI (which you won't need to do for a very very long time. 850 is fine, but at least you got a very good PSU as it is.

32gb ram is overkill if you're trying to save money.

Invest in monitors. I went balls to the wall building my PC and at the end of the day, I just had these two piece of shit Acer monitors from 7 years ago. I went out and bought a top end monitor and never realized what a difference it could possibly make. I can sit in EC for hours or stare at a wall in ToV while tracking for hours and still be mesmerized by the pixe density!

My end build stats are -

CPU - Intel i7 7700k (OC'd to 5.0ghz stable)
CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X62
Motherboard - MSI Krait Gaming z270
RAM - 32gb Corsair Vengeance 2x16Gb DDR4 3200 (OC'd to 3600mhz stable. Side Note: Recently, I went to buy another 32gb of the same RAM and the price is now $150 MORE than what I paid for it back in January...)
GPU - Nvidia 1080 TI Founders Edition (Water cooled with EVGA Hybrid Water Cooling for 1080TI/Titan)
PSU - EVGA 850+ G3
Sound Card - SoundBlaster Z
Hard Drive 1: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500Gb (Operating System Only)
Hard Drive 2: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500Gb (Games)
Hard Drive 3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Hard Drive 4: Seagate Barracude 2TB
Hard Drive 5: Some cheapy I've been moving from PC to PC for like 13 years now...
Monitor - Acer Predator x34
Headset - Steel Series Siberias 840
Desktop Speakers - Logitech Z5500
Keyboard - Logitech G710+
Mouse - Logitech G700s
Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Ella`Ella; 06-28-2017 at 02:34 AM..
Old 06-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

OR, spend 1200-1500 on a laptop with a desktop 1060 card [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and be able to play eq from the shitter
Old 06-28-2017, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

hey guys send me all your old parts i'm still running a 100mhz pentium 1 with a 3dfx voodoo rush 4mb vidya.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop leaning towards returning the 250gb M.2 and just do it. You absolutely need the 500gb.

You will only need a 1080ti to push even the most demanding games to their limits. A 1080 ti runs every game I've thrown at it on max settings running an Acer Predator x34 ultra wide (1440 reso at 100mhz).

The 1080 TI FE card gets very hot very quickly - it hits 82-83 degrees Celsius and then throttles performance at that point - considering water cooling it with the EVGA water cooling kit they sell. I did this and now my card has never gone above 55C.

1000 watt PSU is overkill even if your considering SLI (which you won't need to do for a very very long time. 850 is fine, but at least you got a very good PSU as it is.

32gb ram is overkill if you're trying to save money.

Invest in monitors. I went balls to the wall building my PC and at the end of the day, I just had these two piece of shit Acer monitors from 7 years ago. I went out and bought a top end monitor and never realized what a difference it could possibly make. I can sit in EC for hours or stare at a wall in ToV while tracking for hours and still be mesmerized by the pixe density!

My end build stats are -

CPU - Intel i7 7700k (OC'd to 5.0ghz stable)
CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X62
Motherboard - MSI Krait Gaming z270
RAM - 32gb Corsair Vengeance 2x16Gb DDR4 3200 (OC'd to 3600mhz stable. Side Note: Recently, I went to buy another 32gb of the same RAM and the price is now $150 MORE than what I paid for it back in January...)
GPU - Nvidia 1080 TI Founders Edition (Water cooled with EVGA Hybrid Water Cooling for 1080TI/Titan)
PSU - EVGA 850+ G3
Sound Card - SoundBlaster Z
Hard Drive 1: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500Gb (Operating System Only)
Hard Drive 2: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500Gb (Games)
Hard Drive 3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Hard Drive 4: Seagate Barracude 2TB
Hard Drive 5: Some cheapy I've been moving from PC to PC for like 13 years now...
Monitor - Acer Predator x34
Headset - Steel Series Siberias 840
Desktop Speakers - Logitech Z5500
Keyboard - Logitech G710+
Mouse - Logitech G700s
Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I already sent the 250 back. The question still remains about the PCI-E channels though, because I'd eventually like to add another 1 or 2 to the board.

Good post though, solid advice. I for sure need to look into a nice monitor for this system.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

I have 2/2 M.2 Samsung 960 500gbs going right now and none of my PCI-E slots are disabled, but 4 of my SATAs are because of it.

I wouldn't worry about adding a third M.2 either. If you think about it practically, you just need enough space to dedicate to the highest performance games you have and the OS; everything else gets stored on cheap 7200RPM HDDs (2TB seagates are $70/ea). The only games I have on my M.2 drives are ones where load times are absolutely critical (PvP games and P99 which I haven't played in >2years...
Old 06-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Aviak

I'm running a 4790k @ 4.7GHz / 1.350vcore, 980ti, 16 GB DDR3, 2 SSDs and 6 140mm case fans on a Silverstone 520w FANLESS power supply. The entire housing of this PSU acts as a heat sink and doesn't even get warm.

And DONT buy a Founders Ed. 1080ti. They run hot (to the point of throttling) and sound like a fucking leafblower while doing it. A nice aftermarket GPU will run ya like $50 more, run @ higher clocks AND lower temps AND remain significantly quieter. I've heard really good things about EVGA hybrid umbrella has.

FE cards are only good for 2 things:

1) Early adopters who can't wait the 6-8 weeks til aftermarket cards hit retail
2) Custom loop water cooling where FE cards are gonna be cheaper both in terms of the card itself and the water block as well. Its much easier to find blocks for FE cards....hell EK has a full cover block that's fits ALL 10xx series FE cards.
Last edited by Metalopolis; 06-30-2017 at 10:17 AM..
Closed Thread