Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-03-2023, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

I said you can't use solo DPS parses as an indication of how well they fair in groups with multiple people doing DPS.

Crede just told you your DPS was lacklustre. What more do you want? You've lost the argument.
Old 07-03-2023, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said you can't use solo DPS parses as an indication of how well they fair in groups with multiple people doing DPS.

Crede just told you your DPS was lacklustre. What more do you want? You've lost the argument.
Do you need me to pull up the quotes? The post history is still here.

I am not sure why you think your hasty attempt to reword the argument will save you. I was in a group with multiple people doing DPS. My solo DPS video numbers matched my group DPS video numbers. You should be adult enough to admit you are wrong.
Old 07-03-2023, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

I would humour you here, and say you were somehow able to get close to your solo DPS parse (I think you're lying anyway), but then I realised:

1. You contradicted yourself and flip-flopped. You claimed there were too many variables for a group DPS parse to mean anything, but now you're claiming they "matched"?

2. Are you telling me that, when heals are available, Mages can't do more in this situation?

3. Your video was completely irrelevant to what this discussion was about, which is if they are a viable 4th member. The answer is: "yes, if noone else is available".

I know this video was just a pathetic attempt at trying to correlate something irrelevant to the relevant issue.
Old 07-03-2023, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would humour you here, and say you were somehow able to get close to your solo DPS parse (I think you're lying anyway), but then I realised:

1. You contradicted yourself and flip-flopped. You claimed there were too many variables for a group DPS parse to mean anything, but now you're claiming they "matched"?

2. Are you telling me that, when heals are available, Mages can't do more in this situation?

3. Your video was completely irrelevant to what this discussion was about, which is if they are a viable 4th member. The answer is: "yes, if noone else is available".

I know this video was just a pathetic attempt at trying to correlate something irrelevant to the relevant issue.
You still don't understand what I meant by too many variables. The point of that quote is simply that you can have a group where a Mage does terrible DPS. That doesn't mean the Mage class does terrible DPS, or they can't match solo DPS in a group scenario. This is a huge stretch on your part.

The point of the video is to show you are incorrect about being unable to use solo videos to show things like DPS in group scenarios, which was the cause of the hundreds of pages of trolling.

Stop trying to change the subject.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-03-2023 at 02:43 AM..
Old 07-03-2023, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

Aren't you the one changing the subject?

You can have someone doing solo DPS mechanics on any class incorrectly. What difference does that make?

In order for this discussion to finally be put to bed, we need a parse with a Shaman doing DPS with 2 Enchanters and 1 Cleric, and another parse with a Mage substituted.

What on Earth is a video about a 3 man group with 1 Necromancer and 1 Enchanter, where you're healing, prove Shaman do more than Mage in a 4 man group with 2 Enchanters and 1 Cleric?

And if this point was to prove you matched your solo parse, then that's just stupid anyway. You can't sustain that DPS for very long, and you're healing in a trio. Put that in a 4 man, and Shamans quickly become useless compared to a Mage -- who are going to sustain higher DPS for much much longer.

Someone else want to take over now? Jesus Christ, this guy is insane.
Old 07-03-2023, 03:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Aren't you the one changing the subject?

You can have someone doing solo DPS mechanics on any class incorrectly. What difference does that make?

In order for this discussion to finally be put to bed, we need a parse with a Shaman doing DPS with 2 Enchanters and 1 Cleric, and another parse with a Mage substituted.

What on Earth is a video about a 3 man group with 1 Necromancer and 1 Enchanter, where you're healing, prove Shaman do more than Mage in a 4 man group with 2 Enchanters and 1 Cleric?

And if this point was to prove you matched your solo parse, then that's just stupid anyway. You can't sustain that DPS for very long, and you're healing in a trio. Put that in a 4 man, and Shamans quickly become useless compared to a Mage -- who are going to sustain higher DPS for much much longer.

Someone else want to take over now? Jesus Christ, this guy is insane.
I am not changing the subject at all. The hundreds of pages of trolling in this thread stemmed from the idea that you cannot use a solo video to describe how a class's DPS works in a group scenario.

Early in the thread, I created https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XwiGKTuu2E , showing me casting at least 1 Ice Strike per 36 second average monster encounter.

In my latest video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG1Aat1XdbI you have 77 dead mobs, 77 Ice Strikes, and 40 second average monster encounters over a 2 hour period. This is sustained DPS over a long period of time, while I was also doing my other Shaman duties.

I was correct that you can create a solo DPS video that mimics sustained group DPS. Therefore, you cannot simply invalidate the evidence I have provided thus far.

It is now time that you provide evidence showing how a Cleric or Mage will be superior to a Shaman in a four man group. It is not reasonable for you to keep asking other people for evidence, while providing nothing in return.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-03-2023 at 03:46 AM..
Old 07-03-2023, 04:53 AM
Kobold

I'll take mage every time. And I'm a 60 shaman!
Old 07-03-2023, 05:20 AM
Fire Giant

We're back!

WALL.jpg

HUH.jpg

facepalm.jpg
Old 07-03-2023, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

Lol check his magelo
Old 07-03-2023, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In my latest video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG1Aat1XdbI you have 77 dead mobs, 77 Ice Strikes, and 40 second average monster encounters over a 2 hour period. This is sustained DPS over a long period of time, while I was also doing my other Shaman duties.
Do you really think that landing a single 675 DD nuke per kill on mobs with 6-10k HP counts as "sustained DPS"?

In the video, you made plenty of other contributions to the trio besides DPS, so throwing out a nuke here and there is perfectly fine. But in a theoretical 4 man group with 2 Enchanter pets DPSing/tanking and a Cleric healing, you aren't needed for anything but slowing, buffing pets and DPSing. And given that spamming JBB is your best sustained DPS, along with your pet and the occasional Bane of Nife or Ice Strike, you won't even be maintaining 50 DPS over a long grind.