Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2022, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

WAKE UP CALL:

All those dream solutions are just fake shit politicians said to get you to vote for them!

Teslas have a fake space car sound in them because we live in the petroleum era, not a science fiction movie.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But youll fight that theyre better though right? You wont conceed that Im right, because you want to fight?

Your best argument for train tavel is:

WALK your carryon bag from downtown to your hotel.

Or that I might be traveling 250 miles with a giant "checked" bag.

That's because they take 5-10 times longer!

Again, I love the idea of high speed rail, but the reaason we dont have it is because:

Mainly being: where they DO have it its cheeper to fly so the majority of travelers (buisness) do that. Sorry they dont check bags - and they get free door to door service instead of dragging their "giant checked baggage's" down the foreign street they never been on.
Lol you’re delusional. And It’s very obvious you don’t travel much. I’m not fighting anything. Simply stating my opinion. There are many instances where taking a train ends up being faster door to door. Plenty of business people take trains. I’ll give you that majority of business trips probably don’t need checked bags, but a lot still do. You going to fold up your nice suit and put it in your carry on? For my job I’m often bringing a checked bag of PPE like safety shoes, a hard hat, high vis gear, or arc flash clothing.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Of course there are instances where taking a train is better I said I love high speed rail you jerk.

But if you look at the vast majority of travel in areas where there are high speed rail, its business, no checked bags, and drivers available.

It's just not economically viable to solve any transportation issues.

Like, comon man, I am saying its not viable economicailly, nor is a solution for air travel, and your best argument is, some UK kids who are doing a hop over to paris to get faded for a weekend, is like the 1 instance where the train is superior in every way.

LOL i just read this:

Quote:
You going to fold up your nice suit and put it in your carry on? For my job I’m often bringing a checked bag of PPE like safety shoes, a hard hat, high vis gear, or arc flash clothing.
Lol! No, you’re delusional. And It’s very obvious you don’t travel [for business] much.

👀👀👀👀
Quote:
checked bag of PPE like safety shoes, a hard hat, high vis gear, or arc flash clothing
BRO do you think construction workers are traveling to the job on airplanes?! You're offering a 5 hour commutes on trains to get to work for labor jobs!?

No wonder the planet is dying if thats your experience in the labor market lol jesus christ, what do you work in DUBAI?
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-29-2022 at 07:40 PM..
Old 07-29-2022, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

High speed rail is like Drone Delivery.

It's better in theory, or in the future. But right now it's just not feasible for the west. And even in places where it's a good idea it's not cheaper and that's something to consider.

Air travel may be shit and awful and suck and we should totally let it die, but we have to kill the kings that rule first.

Edit: oh yea and we should retroactively charge people 1 dollar per mile they've traveled for leisure in the last 10 years to fix climate change:

Because we've known full well during that decade that by flying you're literally at fault for destroying the planet, and yet libs just kept doing it.
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-29-2022 at 07:46 PM..
Old 07-29-2022, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

If we stopped subsidizing our plane and airline industry, we’d already have trains as the costs would be prohibitively expensive for people to fly between places like Dallas and Houston
Old 07-29-2022, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Me: bail outs are bad

Kaveh: WE HAV ETO FIGHT THE CHINESE WE HAV ETO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM RUSSIA IM SO SCARED YOURE A SIMP SIMP YOURE A SIMP!

me: Train travel is not as cheep as you think

KAVEH: LETS MAKE AIR TRAVEL MORE EXPENSIVE THEN!

SMH
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-29-2022 at 07:57 PM..
Old 07-29-2022, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course there are instances where taking a train is better I said I love high speed rail you jerk.

But if you look at the vast majority of travel in areas where there are high speed rail, its business, no checked bags, and drivers available.

It's just not economically viable to solve any transportation issues.

Like, comon man, I am saying its not viable economicailly, nor is a solution for air travel, and your best argument is, some UK kids who are doing a hop over to paris to get faded for a weekend, is like the 1 instance where the train is superior in every way.
Again, you’re delusional. And stop with this stupid “you’re best argument is <insert nonsense hyperbole and claim I said it>“ crap. It’s disingenuous and makes you look like an idiot.

I’ve lived in areas with high speed rail for the last 10 years. The Monday morning train is majority business travelers. I know. I’ve done it multiple times. If you polled the average Japanese business man, I will guarantee the vast majority would take the Shinkansen over flying. And they do. I know, because again, I’ve done it numerous times.

For a timing example, let’s take Amsterdam to Paris, since I did it about 4 weeks ago and had to choose between train and plane.

Costs for flights and train were pretty much the same. Airlines never offer cheap flights during business travel times. Try and actually book one of these cheap flights your listing at 7am.

Thalys train from Amsterdam central to downtown Paris is 3 hours 50 minutes. Let’s call it 4. Flight time is 1 hour 20 minutes. Let’s call that 1.5. We won’t check a bag, so let’s say we get to the airport an hour and a half early. That’s 3. After landing and taxing, and waking through the airport, probably 3.5 hours. Taxi from the airport to downtown (which is where I assume most business folk are going) is 45 minutes, or more with traffic. 4 hours 15 minutes total. So the train is a bit faster. And that doesn’t take into account the difference in times it takes to get to the train station/airport, which in my case is about the same. Since the train is much more comfortable, for the many reasons I listed previously, including the fact that I had a checked bag, I chose the train. And on that train the majority of people appeared to be business’s travelers, although I’m not sure how you really can tell that - they were well dressed and spent most of the ride on their phones/laptops. And on the way home I used the extra space in my checked bag to bring back a few bottles of nice French wine. Double win!

No one’s saying trains are “a solution” to air travel. What’s that even mean? It’s a nice alternative in certain situations. Situations I don’t think you understand. I’m not saying trains are the right thing for America, but I can say that you have no idea what you’re talking about from the perspective of countries that already have high speed rail.

Anyways. Bed time my euro expat ass. I’ll leave you with this - “shut the fuck Donnie, you’re out of your element”
Old 07-29-2022, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

One more since you edited your post while I was responding

“BRO do you think construction workers are traveling to the job on airplanes?! You're offering a 5 hour commutes on trains to get to work for labor jobs!?”

I’m an engineer for a company that builds high tech buildings. The project managers, design engineers, and inspectors are usually from out of country, and perform multiple site visits through the project. The actual construction contractors are all local, but when I go to site to do inspections, commissioning, or oversee projects, I also wear PPE.

You really have no clue what you’re talking about. It’s sad.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One more since you edited your post while I was responding

“BRO do you think construction workers are traveling to the job on airplanes?! You're offering a 5 hour commutes on trains to get to work for labor jobs!?”

I’m an engineer for a company that builds high tech buildings. The project managers, design engineers, and inspectors are usually from out of country, and perform multiple site visits through the project. The actual construction contractors are all local, but when I go to site to do inspections, commissioning, or oversee projects, I also wear PPE.

You really have no clue what you’re talking about. It’s sad.
Americans make more than 405 million long-distance business trips per year. This means about 1.1 million people are traveling for business every day in the U.S.

405 millionHow many people travel for business annually?
405 million

How many for your wierd freak job where you travel on comerical airlines with a giant bag full of chemcial enginering equipment that you pefer to walk from the subway to your hotel than take a cab?

You're actually trying to tell me that you prefer taking a 17 hour train than a 2 hour flight, because you have a fucking hard hat you dont want to get wrinkled?
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-29-2022 at 08:33 PM..
Old 07-29-2022, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Not to mention there are airports every 45 minuets from each other and train stations are VASTLY more difficult to get to.

This nonsense where you say a train station is magically at your destination is stupid.

"i TOOKk A TrtaAIN to ColRADO for BUEISNESS froM WISConSON bEcAuSE i DiDNT wANT mY sUIT TO gET wRINKelD"

"I hAd To CheCK my SuIt TOO bEEcAUSE i COuLDNT tAKE thE cHANce IT wOUld GET wRINKlEd IN cARRy On"

You cant tell me you actually believe this?

FWIW I haven't checked a bag in like 10 years because I'm not a retard and if i do it's because i was traveling with my retarted kids.

Never in a million years would I think having a hard hat, a jump suit, and a pair of shoes means I cant use the caryon for a 1 day flight. SMH
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-29-2022 at 08:38 PM..