Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Bought FBSS a few days before Kunark for 8.5k, sold it weeks later for 15k. Other than that, I don't really get good deals because I don't wait for them. I'd rather make reasonable offers for items I want and sell items for reasonable prices instead of hanging in the tunnel for 11 hours to eek out an extra 1k and be a greedy son of a bitch like everyone in this server's economy.

On Live, though, I was notorious for wheeling and dealing. My friends didn't get it. I was the guy who, when we moved to a new server (happened every six months or so), had 20k worth of gear after two weeks when everyone else was still trying to quest for darkforge and shit. We moved to SZ like a year after it opened and my first 2k were spent on a Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn which I promptly sold for 20k and basically started out twinked. Within a few months I had hundreds of thousands worth of gear, including one of the server's two or three pre-nerf CoS that I got for 50k and later sold for 250k.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Bought a full set of rubicite minus BP for 11k, bought BP for 15k, resold for 75k.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Bought staff of dreaded gaze for 2000-2500.
Traded an FBSS for a rubi bp.
Bought another manastone for 33k or so.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Not being a big player, why did the price of fbss go up after kunark? Was it just the influx of melee monk twinks wanting haste?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Aviak

Lack of lguk farming. Much more valuable things to farm in kunark.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not being a big player, why did the price of fbss go up after kunark? Was it just the influx of melee monk twinks wanting haste?
The demand of melee twinks.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lack of lguk farming. Much more valuable things to farm in kunark.
It's still perma-camped. Having played on and off since the server launched, I have literally never found this camp open. Month after month, it has been taken - often with several people in line - every single time I've gone and checked. This server is such a greedfest, but that's that. FBSS went up in price because Kunark caters so well to melee twinks, especially monks, and because people realized how staggeringly rare the Sebilis haste items are.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The demand of melee twinks.
Supply goes down, demand goes up. The other in-game haste items are either raid items (cof, sky belts) or even MORE expensive (dragonborn sash, cof again).

So there are plenty of people who are shelling out 100k for a Tstaff for an iksar monk and think nothing of 15k or whatever for an FBSS. The price will drop down as demand decreases or people start camping it again to capitalize on the price, but for now it will be high.

Same thing with the efreeti drops, really. Although the ring doubling in value is pretty stupid.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Aviak

I bought myself a Sarnak Liberator for 100p just a few week's into Kunark. Right around the time one sold on the forums for 16k.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

I bought your mom for a dollar and shes worth atleast 2