Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-24-2022, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Old 05-31-2022, 12:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this dude has GREAT TEETH

and maybe it's because he done moved to texas but nobody in fucking georgia wears cowboy hats anywhere except when you go to line dancing or some tight jeans kinda shit like that

and i don't disagree with any of what he said except for the darling part, that you gotta know your audience for, i do not call women i don't know things like darlin' or sweetie or any of that shit, the proper term is ma'am or, pray tell, their actual name

wife laughed her ass off the first time she heard me say 'i'm fixing to' when i was referring to 'fixing to spray a bunch of insulation in the attic'
Old 06-01-2022, 10:47 PM
Banned

I’ll summarize the flaws of this video attacking hustle culture and “fake gurus” (Tony Robbins a “fake” guru? Riiight)

1. He says that he got a dopamine fix after each video or book and went and spent more money on another right away. Which is him projecting his addictive personality issues onto others and assuming others are like that. What I did after watching motivational videos is cleaned, or worked out, or something else productive. I didn’t whip out my wallet and buy another self-help book off Amazon. Maybe this dude might want to look into a mood stabilizer for mania symptom, reckless spending is part of it

2. He says that the books and videos teach us how to trick ourselves that we are making progress when we really aren’t. Just because the author of this video is too dumb to use a tangible way of measuring progress, doesn’t mean other people are. I measure progress by how much faster or stronger I’m getting, how much I’m accomplishing around the home, how many dates or social events I can set up in a month. He said he’d make a list and not do anything on it and trick himself that that’s progress. No, that’s you being gullible and stupid when it comes to your progress metric

3. He says self-help gurus want you to feel inadequate to make money off you. Sorry bro, but complacency IS stagnation. This is just how our bodies work. We are built to move and accomplish things, and if our body doesn’t do that, IT DOES GET WORSE. You are either getting better, or you are getting worse at everything, the only thing that varies is how quickly. There is no such thing as staying the same at anything, that’s not how life works

4. He says hustle culture, where you have to be productive 100% of every day creates physical and mental burnout. Duh bro. Maybe it’s that this author is naive, but this is common sense. This is why the best diets have cheat meals. This is why self-care breaks are crucial for mental health. No “guru” worth a shit is going to say never ever rest. They WILL say to do things when you don’t feel like it. Because needing rest for a mental health can become a very slippery slope towards laziness. If we’re going to talk about “tricking ourselves”, we’re far more likely to trick ourselves that we absolutely need a rest when we really don’t (at that time, not speaking about ever), than we are going to trick ourself that we are making progress when we aren’t

Almost everything about this video that showed up in my related feed pissed me off, just wanted to rant about it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 06-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2022, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Old 06-11-2022, 09:47 PM
Banned

Old 06-12-2022, 05:21 AM
Fire Giant

I am really having issues adding to this thread ... the stuff I watch is too ... niche.

But I have enjoyed a lot what you guys have posted here so far . Stuff I would never ever in a million years would have watched everrrrrrr.

Love this thread, shows how people view the world as well and what they like and dislike.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 06-12-2022, 05:25 AM
Fire Giant

I meditated a bit ... I will show some of the things I watch and like and enjoy.

Unfortunately some of the brothers and sisters despise sharing, for reasons which are valid, but on my side, I believe this needs to be shown more.

It is actually a main point of contention in the different schools.

Hence no "channels" , but mostly fellow travelers like myself.

May this enlighten you or not, it is of no import except to those that see the beauty of the motions in practice.

----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 06-12-2022 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: To lead is to follow
Old 06-12-2022, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Old 06-12-2022, 08:46 AM
Banned

Oh neat, Gurdjieff sighting in the wild!