Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

I am not for a wipe. I seriously think it would lead to a few suicides. I do hope you guys give us an actual pvp server though, preferably hard-coded teams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic is the greatest.

Would <3 a classic only server, for reals
We did classic on red. It was down to 10-20 or less during prime time before kunark. It's fun but it gets stale. If classic only was a good option why did no one play?
Old 08-07-2015, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We did classic on red. It was down to 10-20 or less during prime time before kunark. It's fun but it gets stale. If classic only was a good option why did no one play?
Gee I wonder. Same guild situation we have now. No XP bonus, no pnp, XP loss on pvp death, broken clickies, broken resists, No GMs, no Kithicor... I could go on.

Despite all that though, it was still easier to find PvP during peak hours lol.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

a new pvp server that eventually merges once it hits velious seems like the best option imo
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 08-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
srs question,

why do you think that a new pvp server would end up any different than the current pvp server after a year?

(this is not in RNF for a reason. if you dont have anything to contribute, don't post here)

<3
Sirks
I'd be interested to see how a pvp server locked before planes does (maybe even starting post manastone/guise too).

And by planes I mean fear/hate/sky, not planes of power.
Last edited by Jimjam; 08-07-2015 at 04:16 PM..
Old 08-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Sirken, have you seen anyone from Empire ask for a wipe, how about Nihi before that.

It's a troll used by people who aren't winning and think it will change things.

Velious has only been out a week you need to wait and see if a second guild will form up and take Kunark or will it just be farmed by 18 <Friends> and boxes which is possible.

Having a 2nd box merge into this box would probably not work, if you add velious it undermines farming shit on Red99, and if you don't the guild that merges will only be in kunark shit and will get destroyed.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

The wipe is a def no go area, let this server be what it is, a refuge for easy raiding.

Take PvP to the next level with a fresh server with the rules that we had in place while the server grew recently (6-8 months ago??). Sadly, this mean PnP, ect. I don't personally like those rules but they did help the server grow, I can easily put aside my own views for a chance at trying something different.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Yup no one is asking for a wipe. Just let this server remain a raiding box, hell it can probably just replace the test server as you have one guild constantly killing raid mobs over and over. They will do a great job finding all the bugs. Another win win situation. Nilly gets to keep raiding uncontested and the pvpers will have a box to duke it out in. Just make the new box hard-coded teams plz!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

i only support a wipe because i think it would be fun as hell for everyone to restart noobs and play on classic timeline through velious

in regards to populations, server health, etc etc etc.. i have no clue, i would guess some people that care way to much about pixels would have a mental breakdown and quit.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wipes would always get a high population at first, then it dies off quick,and never lasts..

so id say a wipe would not increase the population because if you know about red99 and you are not playing,chances are you would not stick around after the wipe thrill/rush.

you would probably have more people quit if anything if all their hard work was wiped after being promised it wouldnt be.
I don't support a wipe.

I said use the free server as a new PvP server and have it merge into the current sever every 2 years. That way you get to keep your characters while still giving people a fresh start every 2 years.
Closed Thread