Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxten 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Useful thread. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

I've gotten a lot of pm's and tells over this thread. Could it get stickied?
Old 07-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Banned

for the vale
Old 07-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe all the fungi twinks rolling around killing newbs in rags in Crushone in Unrest SHOULDNT LOOT their victims?

Watched it constantly on a newb alt the last few weeks.

Let these guys keep their spell money. When yer rolling around with 250k in BiS items on yer twink , i really dont think the 14 gold u just looted is a game changer.

The feels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod View Post
if pitborn isn't online in your emulator, it probably should be wiped clean.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe all the fungi twinks rolling around killing newbs in rags in Crushone in Unrest SHOULDNT LOOT their victims?

Watched it constantly on a newb alt the last few weeks.

Let these guys keep their spell money. When yer rolling around with 250k in BiS items on yer twink , i really dont think the 14 gold u just looted is a game changer.

The feels.
But they are learning a valuable lesson about the importance of banks on a PVP server. Surely that is worth 14 gold now rather than hundreds of plat later!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But they are learning a valuable lesson about the importance of banks on a PVP server. Surely that is worth 14 gold now rather than hundreds of plat later!
More like a valuable lesson about the clientele of the server.

OP great thread! Will be exercising some of the suggestions! Thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like a valuable lesson about the clientele of the server.

OP great thread! Will be exercising some of the suggestions! Thanks
Yeah. I honestly have never looted a player after killing them, mostly because most of my PVP has been bigger in scale and you're too busy focusing on the enemy to loot. On the flip side when I have died in PVP I've found most the time my corpse goes unlooted. Should just remove coin loot imo, the only time it really factors in is when someone 2 boxes a warrior in crippling blow range and instagibs an int caster after a big item purchase.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I honestly have never looted a player after killing them, mostly because most of my PVP has been bigger in scale and you're too busy focusing on the enemy to loot. On the flip side when I have died in PVP I've found most the time my corpse goes unlooted. Should just remove coin loot imo, the only time it really factors in is when someone 2 boxes a warrior in crippling blow range and instagibs an int caster after a big item purchase.
Yeh to be fair the one time we were PvP'd was by a twink in CB a couple weeks ago on the night we first started on server. Was just under a plat in shrapnel but the guy was cool and gave us both our coin back as it was blatantly obvious by rags that we really needed it. Hell we still do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Come to think of it he might have been Nilly?... shit I better not mention that... gonna get me in more troubles! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-19-2014, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

^
Old 07-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

good thread from good peoples

another unmentioned spot which was my favorite leveling up - the gargoyles on spec island in oot nearby the sisters with the swords

they drop eyes which sell for 9-10pp fairly commonly sometimes even drop 2x on a kill.
they are lvl 19. So you can start killing them around 20 and level up on them and move on to the sisters right around the corner.