Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Aviak

If you don't like the DLL then stop playing the game. That damn Obama has everyone thinking that they are entitled to all their wants and desires. Playing on P99 is a choice not a right. Even Burger King dropped the slogan "Have it your way." because they knew it was bullshit.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

The sanctity of this forum has been fouled.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Crazy fact: The DLL only launches when you log into P99.

Don't like it? Don't play! Bye!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

It's Bush's fault.
AVG is just a tool of the NSA.
The alien mothership in orbit transmits their AVG Technology definition updates through thought waves directly to your PC and then uploads all your pr0n.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:23 PM
Large Bat

I didn't really expect anything different than this from the assholes that troll these forums, but I'm still always a little surprised at what nonstop, useless assholes they are. Enjoy your little sandbox.

The problem isn't just that we don't know what this program is doing. That's less than half the problem. The main problem is that, upon discovering that this software is monitoring my system, all I've gotten is a "FU, we won't tell you what we're doing on your system, what's being collected or altered, deal with it or don't play EQ."

I have no reason to distrust the devs, but I don't have any reason to trust them either, especially when they act like this.

That's a lot of trust to put in an anonymous person on the internet. I had a credit card number stolen once and I still don't know how; I'm really careful. Luckily the bank refunded all the money. I had a steam account stolen, and my password was about 3 miles long, I'd never used it before, and had only entered it twice when signing up for Steam.

I don't know these people personally, or how well they know each other. That's only a problem because they've made it a problem, by being underhanded about it, and rude, in an era of openness.

Anyway, I won't be back on these forums-- they're even worse than I remembered. It's the kind of petty, insular festering you see in internet communities that have existed for too long. Enjoy it, because you can't act like that in the rest of the internet anymore. Gone are those days. Stay here.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

We're choking on your smug cloud.

Look, you came here and dropped multiple posts in different forums complaining. Then you took to Reddit and threatened to develop a s33kret hack that you would make public just out of spite.

Stop acting so entitled and people may take you more seriously. As it is, you're just a broken record that hasn't done the slightest bit of research into what the DLL is, why it exists, and why it won't be changed. You just did the EQ Emu equivalent of walking into Palestine waving an Israeli flag while eating a kosher hotdog.

You're being castigated because you're acting like a pariah.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Freiza was much too polite. I'm probably too polite too, but...

Stop acting so entitled, nobody takes you seriously. You're being castigated because you're acting like a self-serving toolbag desperately in love with your own special brand of diskishness.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Aviak

Where is the link to this reddit tomfoolery?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hynch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is the link to this reddit tomfoolery?
He edited out the threat, but my quote saved it. http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=57

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/project1999/...the_dangerous/
Closed Thread