Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Kobold

lol... just keep roughing it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ leveling isn't supposed to be a cakewalk, even with the 'easy' solo classes, you will find things that are annoying to cope with for sure ;o
I will say that having leveled a shaman to 57 and gotten my epic.. it is definitely one of the more rewarding classes to play as you climb higher. you will feel like you make or break groups. you will feel OP. you will be constantly learning new tricks along the way.

**edit, had to add in that I didn't even manage to get 60 with torpor etc, etc, etc... but I've seen some in action and it's just ridiculousness***
Last edited by NenshouStar; 04-09-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 05:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Hermit of South Karana is not exactly a good camp per se bro, just one of the most chill afk spot (just make sure to invis between each kill to lower your chances to get killed by the roaming cyclop), but it's not either good xp nor good loot, it's just chill and easy.
Sat there from 24 to 28 and only been killed by cyclop once when I was truly AFK for quite some time. He doesn't come nearly as often, once every few hours maybe. You can always just run away with SoW/spirt of cheetah till his aggro drops, then gate back.

What I did is to pull him with walking sleep then cast envenomed breath and melee with poison wind censor. After 26 I did cast envenomed when he was at 30-40%, so it was more convenient not to chase him when he runs under 20% hp. The DoT finishes him while you meditate and regen back.

I guess what made it very efficient semi-afk camp is the weapon, a PWC or something of that sort is a must to melee down mobs in this level range for a shaman. A couple 55/65hp rings are nice to have, the rest pretty much doesn't matter.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:11 AM
Fire Giant

First off the shaman doesn't really get into his/her own until a bit later in life (like many classes really). Even at 24 your spells cost a boatload of mana and buffs like regen last a short time.

You just gotta slog through it. It will eventually get a lot better.

A favorite spot of mine has been Goblins in Highpass Keep. You can start to group there at around lvl 24-25 and the exp is crazy good at least all the way to lvl 30. You can stay there until like 33-34 even but by then exp start to peter out somewhat.

A few negatives about that spot is that you aren't really close to anything else. So if the group is full you have to basically just sit and wait - or play an alt which I'm guessing isn't relevant for you currently. It's also a good city so as an iksar you will be struggling to vendor and bank there but the faction can be worked at by killing orcs outside.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few negatives about that spot is that you aren't really close to anything else. So if the group is full you have to basically just sit and wait
Technically East Karana is "next door" to HH, and I think that it has stuff for a Shaman of that level to solo. The only problem is that long run through the "pass" part of EK ... but if you don't like sitting bored in HH you could always bind there, spend 5-10 minutes running through EK, kill for awhile, then gate back to HH to check on things (or, better yet, just ask the group leader to /tell you when there's an opening).

Personally I was a big fan of all four Karana zones when leveling up my Shaman.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-11-2018 at 11:34 AM..
Old 04-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

you can sell at the erudite enchanter vendor in HHK (#13) with any race/class/religion combo, and ghetto bank by buying gems and selling back. every now and then you can also bank while the banker is bashing on you and then zone her. HHK really shouldn't be a problem for an iksar with access to invis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] plenty of people to buy food/drink from etc, as well. Also, being evil gives you the option to actually kill the guards when goblins are camped (hint: always, i've seen 8 people long list for the group in the past o_o)