Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > Library

Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned

Save yourself the hassle and use Titanium.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Installation Question

Greetings,

First off, allow me to say great initiative. I loved EverQuest and thoroughly enjoyed playing from 1999 up until Gates of Discord launched. In particular, some of the fondest memories I have from any online game were from original EQ.

Now for my problem:

I have followed all the guides to the letter. Renamed the appropriate files, replaced the appropriate files and yet when I click on my shortcut of eqgame.exe that was modified so the Target line says "G:\-=Games=-\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme" (No quotation marks) it merely puts me on a completely black screen. I see the cursor change to a more roleplay'ish curser, but from hereon out nothing happens. There are no sounds to indicate that anything is going on, either. I have attempted to write my Login Server account name and password via tab and enter, but no effect comes.

I am unsure whether I followed the steps too literally, or not. I created both forum account and login server account on the EQEmulator Forums, edited the eqhost.txt file as appropriately mentioned to "Host=eqemulator.net:5998" (Again, no quotation marks)

I have run the installation multiple times to see if this would fix the issue, but is makes no difference. I used the Titanium Installer.

I am not sure whether or not it is relevant, but I am running Windows 7.

I would very much appreciate some assistance here, and i thank you in advance for your time.

Kind regards,
Arbaal McOwn
Former Wizard of Remedy, Nameless Server / Maelin Starpyre server.
Last edited by McOwn; 01-14-2010 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Included installer
Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOwn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not sure whether or not it is relevant, but I am running Windows 7.
I can ease your fears about Windows 7. My wife's laptop is running Windows 7 and I didn't have any issues getting everything installed and running on there.

I'm running XP on my computer and I don't notice a difference.... (other than her computer is faster than mine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Aviak

Pure black screen ?

right click screen , properties , settings, troubleshoot.

Make sure it's all the way , full throttle.

I hope this fixed it : )
Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I managed to work it out, here's what happened for anyone else who has same problem in the future:

Seems the problem was my desktop was too high on resolution. I set it down some, then it worked fine. After adjusting the resolution in-game, I was able to set the desktop resolution back up to maximum again.
Thanks for the replies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

btw wizards at least are -20% exp not -10% against a cleric.

Don't know if this is because of a -20% or if there is a stealth +% to a cleric. I also don't know if this affects other int caster's or just wizards.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Updated to reflect recent patches. Let me know if I missed any items that no longer drop.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Default Common spell issue...

I have thoroughly followed all of the installation steps, yet I am still having an issue with spells...Both the level 22 SK spells 'Grim Aura' and 'Cure Disease' are still displaying 255 as the level needed to use. I have downloaded the proper files, and extracted them into the proper folder. I have tried re-downloading the files, and re-extracting them into the proper folder, and have re-read the installation directions about 30 times now, and still am having this issue.
Other than DLing the files and extracting them, is there something I am missing??? Where these spells not useable until a later date on live?

....And I did a clean install, and am using the Titanium Edition.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

Hmmm, not sure, usually the latest spell file fixes that. I would check the bug forum for other users having the same problem, and make a post in the technical discussion forum, more people will see it there.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have thoroughly followed all of the installation steps, yet I am still having an issue with spells...Both the level 22 SK spells 'Grim Aura' and 'Cure Disease' are still displaying 255 as the level needed to use.
This is working as intended.
Both spells are set to level 255 because SKs couldn't use them in classic EQ.
Check here for a true classic SK spell list:
http://web.archive.org/web/199911111...dowknight.html
Last edited by Anata; 04-22-2010 at 03:49 AM..