Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 08-31-2021, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Stay on topic

disappointed.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Gangsta box is dead so I guess im back. And still disappointed no red99 2.0 news.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk00ba5t3v3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gangsta box is dead so I guess im back. And still disappointed no red99 2.0 news.
Who would've thought? The clown couldn't fix anything. Didn't even fix water dancing on a pvp server. And people knock Rogean? This guy spammed these forums for months and then releases this garbage?
Old 08-31-2021, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exp nerf? Doesn't the same bonus still exist? It definitely seemed to be there in 2015. From what I saw, the server population was continuously healthy from 2014 and up through the first month of Velious, yes with some fluctuations, but a lot of those fluctuations being caused by banwaves, or people getting tired of imbalanced mechanics/guilds (which is what ultimately killed the server not long after Velious).
This 2014 45-page thread begs to differ. Im even there on page 2, saying the same thing i did here. My memory is great, thats why this guy who put his hands in my pants when i was 11 is in trouble when he faces me in court this autumn.

"Peace out bros

Till next time they get their heads screwed on"

And theres Sirken's famous last words before the server pop tanked:

"Fact is, players needed to get off that easyxp addiction because it did nothing to help the servers community. and i know its really hard to go cold turkey, but in all honesty its better to get it over with and be done with it. the previous xp model did nothing to give incentives or perks for grouping, it did nothing to build a community, and it basically assured that if u came to this server on your own, you better play a class that can solo because you were gonna be on your own til about 46ish. no one on staff expects things to change over night, thats silly. but we all agree that if we are ever going to have a full range community, we must first ensure the building blocks are in place for players to successfully build that community. the previous xp model is just simply not the path that will take us where we need to go."

Ill write you a novel for the other stuff once i get around to it

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=144373&page=2
Old 08-31-2021, 05:58 PM
Banned

My god reading this shit might even make me quit the forums, on top of the game, for good. Fucking tragic.

"Yeah allrite changes are coming soon, you told us that a month ago. Why then nerf the xp before the other stuff? We would probably hitting 215-230+ peaks easy if you hadnt touched anything and people like me and others put in work to go on other forums like "Hey, Velious coming out soon, get a headstart! Its gonna be fun!" What was such a big deal about nerfing xp that it couldnt have waited another month for your other measures while the pop was getting built instead of doing something everyone knew was gonna cripple the pop in the nuts?"
Old 08-31-2021, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Disappointed. I'm ok if they just make it Rallos Zek.

Plus then maybe it might entice other pvpers, by a challenge of hardcoredness? Maybe not I don't know how many people know about p99.

Ill still play regular red if life ever allows it.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Disappointed 2.0 for the day to help stay on target with the disappointment.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This 2014 45-page thread begs to differ. Im even there on page 2, saying the same thing i did here. My memory is great, thats why this guy who put his hands in my pants when i was 11 is in trouble when he faces me in court this autumn.

And theres Sirken's famous last words before the server pop tanked:

"Fact is, players needed to get off that easyxp addiction because it did nothing to help the servers community."

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=144373&page=2
The server population didn't tank in 2014 though. It increased.

There's a stickied thread right here on the forum from Derubael that shows the exp bonus introduced on Red, April 2014. That bonus has never been removed, AFAIK. The thread you posted is from March 2014. If you stopped playing March 2014, then you missed the highest population era of the server, sorry to tell ya.

Weird line about the hand in your pants but you probably enjoyed it.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server population didn't tank in 2014 though. It increased.

There's a stickied thread right here on the forum from Derubael that shows the exp bonus introduced on Red, April 2014. That bonus has never been removed, AFAIK. The thread you posted is from March 2014. If you stopped playing March 2014, then you missed the highest population era of the server, sorry to tell ya.

Weird line about the hand in your pants but you probably enjoyed it.
I dunno, increased from what, that single digit 9 pop before xp in pvp was removed? To be frank im going by feels but reading the thread i linked alot of people quit at that time. It would be fun to see actual numbers on a chart by month to put that debate to rest. I didnt enjoy it you sick fuck, just checking if youre paying attention.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 09-01-2021 at 02:16 AM..
Old 09-01-2021, 02:40 AM
Banned