Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Also i dont get why the posts here are so trolly. good lord give some actual feedback to the question. Raiding isn't all p99 Is about...why people cant stay on topic is beyond me.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Banned

Just wipe with a classic timeline. Going out of the way to do this and that is a waste of time.

People cant take getting killed in pvp. Do you really believe that more people will play with item loot? Item loot with people who have been pvping for 15 years should go well with new people trying out pvp.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftyfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also i dont get why the posts here are so trolly. good lord give some actual feedback to the question. Raiding isn't all p99 Is about...why people cant stay on topic is beyond me.
We're far too jaded to be constructive. It's been 3 years since a GM has spoken to us, and last time It was just Eunomia calling us shitbags and banning us from OOC.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're far too jaded to be constructive. It's been 3 years since a GM has spoken to us, and last time It was just Eunomia calling us shitbags and banning us from OOC.
troof
Old 03-16-2017, 02:14 PM
VIP / Contributor

To address comments about character xfer's etc.

I am for allowing a /charcopy from blue to red. No droppables, a completely naked character with no coin. I would have to talk to the bosses to get something like that approved though. And it's not totally outside the realm of possibility. Remember it was done during beta, we could just change the code to make the toons naked instead of geared.

Keep the suggestions coming in pals!
Last edited by Cylock; 03-16-2017 at 02:17 PM..
Old 03-16-2017, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have really been trying hard on red99 these past few weeks to help get the population up by doing events and more importantly having a presence on the server. I would like to know of some ideas you may have for some events and/or contests we could do. I will take any and all realistic ideas into consideration! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I would like to congratulate Mleh and Ogrok who earned the weekly titles by winning the 2v2 event! You guys will now know them as Mleh the Destroyer and Ogrok the Destroyer!

I would also like to thank everyone that came out! I bet we had 50-60 people there! It was blast!

Anyway, post your ideas for the server friends! Thanks and have a blessed night! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is something we would do on Everquest live to keep people immersed. We would have for example everyone create Barbarian lvl 1 characters. We would have 3 people set up at strategic positions across norrath- Highold Pass, Qeynos, and Rivervale. We would have a contest who could run from Halas to Freeport and the winner would get a prize. 20-30 Level 1's all running across norrath for their life is a sight to see.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

We need to do the character transfer away from red for the reset.

Please consider the benefits of red vs blue at this phase.

Main thing is less population to compete against for farming.

Most people would rather deal with scarcity of rare items than the low population world and risk of training and other PvP tactics. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The problem is no low level life here and no reason to low level PvP and high level PvP isn't so great for most people. What does red offer for the people we want to come play here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-16-2017 at 02:33 PM..
Old 03-16-2017, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

And Cylock allowing people to copy a character to Red wouldn't be a good idea. I encourage server growth but it would be a transfer not a copy. People shouldn't have the ability to make copies of their toons unless we can make copies to blue. That would make things fair. We don't want Red being just a shit server with a bunch of copied fully geared tov toons with nothing to lose by coming over here. Would change the server dynamics so much.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:33 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElemtalRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't want Red being just a shit server with a bunch of copied fully geared tov toons with nothing to lose by coming over here. Would change the server dynamics so much.
You didn't read what I said obviously,

I think you missed the part about naked with zero coin
Old 03-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

It will add more to the high level game for whatever that is worth.

Less people leveling up on a server that takes a couple weeks casual play to hit 50.

To be clear I support any and all changes. I just don't think this will really help the server because the core design of the server ain't working.

There is no population because the server isn't good. Not the other way around.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread