Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to understand that when you sign a QA contract at the company i was working for, it explicitely states the job of the QA is to find bugs, not play amateur game dev. So its a grey Area, we pushed it as far as we could but ultimately the ball is in the devs court. Its not like i was going to lose my job over some overzealous dev who might have asked for our heads on a platter for "disrupting" the project.
This is true, every situation is different and I don't know the specifics behind this one. In my shop the devs don't have final say on anything - that's the PMs job. And we (QA) make sure to work very closely with the PM so if there is a conflict the PM supports us more often than not.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Every developer, Q&A and rep for EvE online plays the game.
Several of the dev's today were infact people I played with in 04-05 that were actually hired on as full time staff and given paid relocation to iceland/New York as part of their new jobs.

Dev's who play their game, are the best dev's. They know the mechanics inside and out, the issues and bugs and frustrations. Not everything goes smoothly (EvE players might remember a particular scandal a few years back...) but for the most part its great for the game, and continued linear increases of the game population show that.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Skeleton

I remember that scandal very well as I was in ASCN at the time. BoB were a bunch of fucking cheaters when they all got together. RIP the first titan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread