Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Banned

Pro tip: Bind forward and one of the turn keys to a spare key on your keyboard. When you hold it down, hit enter, and you"ll start auto strafe running. Then zoom out all the way, and run circles away from the turn direction you used. If you bind forward and right, make left turns. You can both hear the relative closeness of your train and see it appear before you start your dots.

I went from level 1-45 in less than a week (real time, not played) using this strategy, solo. You"ll die a bunch learning it, but once you do - its ooh so sweet. I learned at level three in NRo, probably died 20 times before I figured everything out.

At higher levels, just find a Druid, shaman, or bard to be low HP bait.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Might try the double key binding... I wonder if it will cure the odd phenomenon of not being able to use number keys above 4 for twisting songs while strafe running...
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

anyone know wtf is up with low hp aggro with your partner and it not working sometimes? my partner is 54 and im 18 trying to kite in SK and they heal me to gain aggro and it didn't work. anyone know for a FACT that it's because my buddy was too high lvl?

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Kobold

low hp aggro, is really really really tough to get through.. so if you are low, they will stick on you... now if you had a high lvl bard aoe slow.... then you couldn't peel them off of him... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Skeleton

Tried low health aggro with my shaman buddy using canni to stay below 20% and it wasn't working that well. Anyone know a good way for the mobs to stick to the shaman, like what spells he should use? He's lvl 25 shaman and I'm lvl 30 bard

Thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanforce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro tip: Bind forward and one of the turn keys to a spare key on your keyboard. When you hold it down, hit enter, and you"ll start auto strafe running. Then zoom out all the way, and run circles away from the turn direction you used. If you bind forward and right, make left turns. You can both hear the relative closeness of your train and see it appear before you start your dots.

I went from level 1-45 in less than a week (real time, not played) using this strategy, solo. You"ll die a bunch learning it, but once you do - its ooh so sweet. I learned at level three in NRo, probably died 20 times before I figured everything out.
That's an awesome tip above. As far as dying while practicing, if you're totally new at aoe kiting, I recommend practicing on greenies until you get a feel for it.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanforce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At higher levels, just find a Druid, shaman, or bard to be low HP bait.
I've been trying this double binding thing, binding the alternative for 'Move Forward' and 'Move Right' to the tilde key, holding it, pressing enter twice, then hitting 'A' (move left), and the act of hitting A seems to cancel out the auto-move forward/right. I've also tried binding 'Move Forward' and 'Strafe Right' instead of 'Move Right', and it does the same thing.

I do have 'A' bound to Hotbar 2 Button 1 (the newb pro-tip of increasing your sense heading when you move), would that have anything to do with it? I wouldn't think so (I'm at work now, but just thought of it). I also play in windowed mode, would that screw up key bindings that allow this tip to work? I understand the idea of what is supposed to happen, but can't figure out why turning after the auto-run cancels everything else out.

Thanks all!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

yea, i moved to OT at 31 and the mobs hit so much harder than old world mobs, i have the circling down. and the distance. i just run into little lag spikes as im making small circles that get me turned around and raped. ordered a SSD so hopfully that will help. or i dont know if ill be able to ae kite with all the fucking zoning and little lag spikes.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been trying this double binding thing, binding the alternative for 'Move Forward' and 'Move Right' to the tilde key, holding it, pressing enter twice, then hitting 'A' (move left), and the act of hitting A seems to cancel out the auto-move forward/right. I've also tried binding 'Move Forward' and 'Strafe Right' instead of 'Move Right', and it does the same thing.

I do have 'A' bound to Hotbar 2 Button 1 (the newb pro-tip of increasing your sense heading when you move), would that have anything to do with it? I wouldn't think so (I'm at work now, but just thought of it). I also play in windowed mode, would that screw up key bindings that allow this tip to work? I understand the idea of what is supposed to happen, but can't figure out why turning after the auto-run cancels everything else out.

Thanks all!
I've never actually gotten it work either...the only way to have it not 'cancel' is to use mouse look to move around. I actually prefer holding down the key the whole time (I bound it to f) and then i use the mouse to steer in small circles. Note I do this without any speed enhancements, and in zoomed out chase view. It actually lets me get the level 2 DoT off all the time and if you're careful about it you won't ever get hit.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Orc

Strafing at lower levels, tap turning circles when you get selos. Pretty tivial once you get the hang of it. Tap F9 twice, zoom out and change your perspective up/down to your preference.

Never really tried the other methods, but tapping circles was very easy to learn do once you get a rhythm going.
Closed Thread