Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Former Guide

Default Red Event Ideas

So I'm looking to see what the Red community thinks is fun in terms of events. I know it's something you've been sore for.

There is one big stipulation, and that is I'm limited in what I can do for you guys. I can't do much more than organise and adjudicate events. I can summon players...and that's about as deep as it gets. I can't give out items/rewards, nor make custom mobs or any of that nonsense. It's possible that I can be given items to use as rewards, but ultimately it's out of my hands.

I want ideas that are inside those limits. Whether it's an organized tourney, setting up team fights, or some hunger games (I hate using that analogy, but there isn't a better way to illustrate) shit in a small zone.

No promises obviously, but I wanted to put feelers out there and see what ideas the community was holding onto.

INB4 you bring up a suspension, petition, or other nonsense that isn't related to the question at hand. If you feel that strongly, send me a PM and don't shit up my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like what I'm seeing. I do want to ask what items should be disallowed? I'm not 100% familiar with EQ pvp, mostly just looks like squirrels on crack trying to hump a swarm of ants to me.

Also, if people want to invest in their community and offer prizes for events of their own creation I am glad to facilitate that as well.
Last edited by Guide.Chroma; 07-23-2015 at 06:29 PM..
Old 07-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

BotB tourneys without retarded ass classic rules.

Test of Tactics

3v3 and 5v5 skirmishes.

nothing fancy required. Just good ol GM sanctioned pvp.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Can you enforce duels for character deletion?

If not, I'm out of ideas sorry.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm looking to see what the Red community thinks is fun in terms of events. I know it's something you've been sore for.

There is one big stipulation, and that is I'm limited in what I can do for you guys. I can't do much more than organise and adjudicate events. I can summon players...and that's about as deep as it gets. I can't give out items/rewards, nor make custom mobs or any of that nonsense. It's possible that I can be given items to use as rewards, but ultimately it's out of my hands.

I want ideas that are inside those limits. Whether it's an organized tourney, setting up team fights, or some hunger games (I hate using that analogy, but there isn't a better way to illustrate) shit in a small zone.

No promises obviously, but I wanted to put feelers out there and see what ideas the community was holding onto.

INB4 you bring up a suspension, petition, or other nonsense that isn't related to the question at hand. If you feel that strongly, send me a PM and don't shit up my thread.
who are you?
Old 07-23-2015, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BotB tourneys without retarded ass classic rules.

Test of Tactics

3v3 and 5v5 skirmishes.

nothing fancy required. Just good ol GM sanctioned pvp.

Steamfont?
Old 07-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

summon a bunch of people to the arena, everyone fights at the same time until beastagor is the last man standing.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 07-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

i dont like steamfont.

personally id like to see the arena used more.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Legit non-trolling question Chroma:

Do you have name change powers, i.e. giving out titles? Especially this late in Kunark that would likely be the best possible reward you could give.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Wipe all the mobs out of Qeynos Aqueducts. Summon players there for a solo last man standing game. Since it's indoors, no bard BS but has plenty of hiding opportunities and is an interesting zone.

Winner gets title "the Shit Lord" and checks his privileges. Call the event, "Shit's Classic."
Old 07-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who are you?
I'm someone with a green name paying attention to your server. I'm also going to be stopping in daily to clear petitions, now that some RL bars have been lifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legit non-trolling question Chroma:

Do you have name change powers, i.e. giving out titles? Especially this late in Kunark that would likely be the best possible reward you could give.
I have the ability to change names (I cannot and will not change first names, surnames are at our discretion and require you and the GM/Guide to be online at the same time), but I don't know if I'm allowed to create titles. My best guess is that they would have to be surname based titles, but I'm requesting clearance so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe all the mobs out of Qeynos Aqueducts. Summon players there for a solo last man standing game. Since it's indoors, no bard BS but has plenty of hiding opportunities and is an interesting zone.

Winner gets title "the Shit Lord" and checks his privileges.
I could kill the mobs, but I couldn't keep them from spawning. I'd also have to manually go through and kill them individually unless the kill command takes an * argument to slay the fuck out of the zone.
Closed Thread