Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

From the perspective of an enchanter I find Paladins to be better tanks, but not enough that I prefer one over the other.

Play what you enjoy.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Banned

i need to change my vote to SK

just realised PAL can't surprise HT a nerd in group and plug

rly helps educate people so roll SK
Old 07-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Banned

Both classes are great, a lot of hate for paladins on this server but after playing one I don't think any of their arguments hold any ground. Soulfire.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

thought everyone had a 50+ of each class

i have 2 of each
Old 07-23-2015, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

I always enjoyed playing a paladin here, you won't get as much YT as a SK but you can help save your pal's asses, having access to soulfire charges is goog, you can do a 90% res, and LOH is the shit. every one in a while, blind spam is hilarious on people with low MR, at lower levels.

"wwww/g io think the game crahsedwwwww icant seewdasdwasd"

From a PvE / leveling perspective, the heal helm is pretty dope when paired with cannidancing shamans, and you can do a lot more with root and lull than most people think, and as I stated above, you can res. But yeah, paladins do pathetic PvP damage and in most scenarios people can just walk away from you if you get them low enough. Get good at shield swapping for bashes and don't waste mana on stuns unless its a hail mary pass. SK may have wider appeal, but If I came back to p99, Paladin is the only class i'd play.

*now accepting return pixel packages*
Last edited by Squire; 07-23-2015 at 11:34 PM..
Old 07-24-2015, 12:00 AM
Banned

guy above me pretty much nailed it, you can just walk away from the Paladin as any class whenever you feel like it assuming you know how to play the game at even a mediocre level.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both classes are great, a lot of hate for paladins on this server but after playing one I don't think any of their arguments hold any ground. Soulfire.
I find myself actually agreeing to Salem.

Pallies are the ultimate pvp battle clerics with a soulfire at their disposal.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always enjoyed playing a paladin here, you won't get as much YT as a SK but you can help save your pal's asses, having access to soulfire charges is goog, you can do a 90% res, and LOH is the shit. every one in a while, blind spam is hilarious on people with low MR, at lower levels.

"wwww/g io think the game crahsedwwwww icant seewdasdwasd"

From a PvE / leveling perspective, the heal helm is pretty dope when paired with cannidancing shamans, and you can do a lot more with root and lull than most people think, and as I stated above, you can res. But yeah, paladins do pathetic PvP damage and in most scenarios people can just walk away from you if you get them low enough. Get good at shield swapping for bashes and don't waste mana on stuns unless its a hail mary pass. SK may have wider appeal, but If I came back to p99, Paladin is the only class i'd play.

*now accepting return pixel packages*
i only played my R99 paladin to level 50, but this is all true from my experience. you're not going to get many kills, but you're HARD AS HELL TO KILL. one of my favorite R99 memories was having a druid 8 levels higher than me (i played awhile ago) spamming /say going "OMG" "FUCK" "PALADINS" "FUCKKKKK" "PALADINSSSSSS"
Old 07-24-2015, 12:53 AM
Banned

yeah like a cleric you have to be pretty dumb to die, but you're not killing anyone unless they are pretty bad or geared so badly you can stun them
Old 07-24-2015, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

awesome duo/trio class, though. paladin+DPS wrecks some shit.