Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-16-2022, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe, maybe not, but that's not really what you're arguing here. You're arguing girls love conventional beauty ... and that's patently false.

Take black women, for instance; to quote from a 2016 medical paper:

In other words, black women grow up in a society that tells them they need to look more conventionally beautiful (ie. white). Some do embrace that message, but many more deny it, instead striving to look unconventionally beautiful, in their own natural way.

Similarly here, Iksar women may not be conventionally beautiful ... but don't you think it's just a little bit racist to say they aren't beautiful at all ... simply because they look less different from you?
Game Master: "Hello there %t, you have violated the high standards of the server which you agreed to abide so now I have no choice but to banish you for the greater good."

You: "Yo, hold up there dawg, what you call cheating I call playing fair so don't punish me just because I'm different to you. The only reason players don't cheat is because society taught them it's wrong to cheat but to me it's right. If it feels good just do it is my motto. Lower your standards for me bro otherwise you're just a racist."

[you have been disconnected from the server]
[you have been banned for cheating]
[you can appeal this decision by emailing support[at]mmocompany.com]
Old 07-16-2022, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also… How could there be a stereotype of certain people loving watermelon?I thought everyone loves watermelon?

Is this a poor hypothetical or am I missing a cultural touch point here? I’m not from these parts.
Old 07-16-2022, 04:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game Master: "Hello there %t, you have violated the high standards of the server which you agreed to abide so now I have no choice but to banish you for the greater good."

You: "Yo, hold up there dawg, what you call cheating I call playing fair so don't punish me just because I'm different to you. The only reason players don't cheat is because society taught them it's wrong to cheat but to me it's right. If it feels good just do it is my motto. Lower your standards for me bro otherwise you're just a racist."

[you have been disconnected from the server]
[you have been banned for cheating]
[you can appeal this decision by emailing support[at]mmocompany.com]
please explain how cheating, an action, is analogous to the abstract concept of beauty
No, cheating having grey areas is not equivalent to different subjective experiences of beauty.
Old 07-16-2022, 04:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that you again Jimjam? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't know who that is, that was my first post to the forums and I'm a very new p99 ( and EQ ) player, only old-school mmo I've played prior would be MUDs and that was long-long after their heyday.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:40 AM
Sarnak

And here I've been hitting on the iksar women that I port. Scaley women need love too. Have none of you read the Lusty Argonian Maid? If not, go.. get to reading and then find an iksar woman to hatch a brood with. I have about 30 iksar wives now.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:17 AM
Banned

OP has never felt the touch of a woman in his life
Old 07-17-2022, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OswaldV1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please explain how cheating, an action, is analogous to the abstract concept of beauty
No, cheating having grey areas is not equivalent to different subjective experiences of beauty.
Please explain how beauty, an action, is an abstract concept when the entire female population wears makeup and shaves/waxes.

Please explain how beauty, an action, is an abstract concept when mirrors, toilet paper and toothpaste are so incredibly popular with humans.

Please explain how beauty, an action, is an abstract concept when cake is not thrown on the floor first and then served.

Please explain how beauty, an action, is an abstract concept when all the burger bars take a certain kind of photograph of their burgers.

Take a look at Exhibit A below.

Is she ugly to you? It's a dumb question because the answer is no but according to you, some people think Marilyn Monroe is no different to roadkill in the looks department or that to some people roadkill is beautiful and she's ugly.

In reality though there's nobody debating whether Marilyn Monroe is beautiful or ugly because everybody agrees she is beautiful. It's obvious she's beautiful, so there's no debate to be had. Instead they're debating flat vs round earth because it's not obvious unless you trust NASA.

Nobody is debating whether dog shit is better than ice cream either.

There's nobody saying, "I prefer dog shit to ice cream". The only ones trying to convince people that dogshit is as good as ice cream are losers who want all the ice cream to themselves; selfish ones.

Exhibit A: Marilyn Monroe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2022, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyscoid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't know who that is, that was my first post to the forums and I'm a very new p99 ( and EQ ) player, only old-school mmo I've played prior would be MUDs and that was long-long after their heyday.
So you're a brand new player but already the "vast majority" of your characters are female iksar and you just couldn't wait to join the forum to tell everybody in your first ever post. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Come back when you have actually invested a serious amount of time and effort leveling a female iksar to 60. The ark Elf girls will be grateful to you because it will make them look even more beautiful and they will get better treated.

Level 1's & imaginary characters don't count. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2022, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And here I've been hitting on the iksar women that I port. Scaley women need love too. Have none of you read the Lusty Argonian Maid? If not, go.. get to reading and then find an iksar woman to hatch a brood with. I have about 30 iksar wives now.
They're either dudes,
Or they made iksar to play with hubby,
Or they're underage girls with pet lizards.

So you're telling everybody that you like to hit on dudes, married women and underage girls. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2022, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also… How could there be a stereotype of certain people loving watermelon?I thought everyone loves watermelon?

Is this a poor hypothetical or am I missing a cultural touch point here? I’m not from these parts.