Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-17-2023, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Default Solo Self Found Rogue/Warrior Question

I saw the thread of the guy leveling a dark elf warrior solo self found to level 50. It got me thinking, can a Rogue or Warrior level to 60 solo self found without resorting to ranged kiting or turn ins?
Old 08-17-2023, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw the thread of the guy leveling a dark elf warrior solo self found to level 50. It got me thinking, can a Rogue or Warrior level to 60 solo self found without resorting to ranged kiting or turn ins?
I would assume so, it simply takes much longer. You should be able to find a static, low risk spawn in the low blue or high green range up until 60. You kill it, regen all the way back to full, rinse repeat.
Old 08-17-2023, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
without resorting to ranged kiting or turn ins?
Maybe with some super low green cons.
Old 08-17-2023, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure if there are better options, but taking a glance through warrior weapons, you could get something like:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Blacken..._Bastard_Sword solo, once you get to level 50. You should just be able to beat the mob due to level difference.

You could probably solo the Moldmaster for https://wiki.project1999.com/Sporali_Gloves too.

This means you can get an OK ratio weapon + some worn haste. You're looking at a 0.67 ratio with that setup.

You should be able to kill mobs that give you experience from level 50-60, even if you have to resort to using Evasive disc on each mob, and basically AFKing between cooldowns.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Whilst you SSF folks are crazy, remember to stay in the old world as long as you can as mobs typically have less HP per level than their Kunark/Velious counterparts.

I did up to 55 on my necro and even then I went back later to hit 60 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2023, 09:51 AM
Aviak

Why anyone would want to do this is truly beyond me. May as well make it a hardcore character for maximum frustration.

But with infinite patience yes. Rogues can farm poisons and use them to fear kite/proc slow even before they can farm a snare weapon. Combine with solo backstabs. You can farm a Dragoon Dirk in NRO in your mid/late teens and that will last you for a long time. In your 40s you can sneak around Droga and try to find a Canyoneer Pike.

I have thought about doing a rogue twink and seeing how much I could squeeze out of poisons. Consensus is some are pretty OP but that farming the ingredients/plat costs / storage of materials just doesn't make it efficient for leveling. But since you're doing SSF and efficiency isn't the point, sounds perfect.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Farming greens for ingredients for tradeskill components does make SSFs feel a bit less useless and empowered over their own progression

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-18-2023, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

I also do not understand SSF in EQ, specifically p99.

Firstly it’s a multiplayer game. Why not just play a single player game?
This game was not meant to be soloed. While some classes can solo efficiently, the game was designed to utilize class synergies.

Self-found or hardcore is different. Assuming you’re still grouping with other players etc. that tracks for a multiplayer game and a game that is terribly difficult solo, even with loads of gear.

Soloing a green mob or low blue every 8 minutes between evasive cooldowns and not interacting with other people while doing so… seems…. Wasteful of your time. But hey. To each their own I suppose. I just don’t get the appeal

Edit: I soloed a shaman to 60, but that’s because I had limited play time and could only play for 1-2 hours at a time, a few days a week. I knew this so I picked a class thst would be able to do very efficient soloing in a short period of time with little downtime.

Same reason I did Druid necro enchanter also.

Will always group if I have a lot of time though
Old 08-18-2023, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Why solo self found, I like challenges I guess. What is possible. I've done the normal route for every single class. It's grown stale. And with no release date of green 2.0, I'm just looking for something new that I haven't done before.

Why solo when it's mean to be a group game, I still like the world aspect of it having real people running around. I still socialize in ooc/tells/guild chat and help others out. EQ ruined single play games for me from 1999 onwards. It's like if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around does it make a noise. I feel that way about single player games. They are only fun if I have someone in real life also playing that game that I can talk to about.

Is it a waste of time? Not really, I do lots of other productive real life things while waiting for HP to come back or whatever.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also do not understand SSF in EQ, specifically p99.
My thought is that people who do SSF want to experience the game in a manner that allows them to feel good about loot drops during the leveling process.

Normally you can just farm some plat and buy gear in EC that is better than just about anything that drops from levels 1-50 or so. You basically just ignore all loot and farm XP/Money, which doesn't always feel nice in a game designed around loot.

An SSF character can pick up a piece of loot that would be almost worthless in EC and use it as an upgrade.

The soloing aspect arises due to benefiting from EC gear by proxy. If you have a rogue with EC gear you are duoing with, you are benefiting from those items that you wouldn't normally be able to get during the leveling process. You would need to specifically find another self found player to duo with.

Auld Lang Syne was designed with this in mind from my understanding. You could group with other players that were also in level appropriate gear.

The Warrior class specifically is probably one of the best classes for SSF (if not the best), because there is more Warrior gear available in the lower levels than other classes, and upgrades are meaningful.

You can solo a caster to level 60 naked, so loot drops are less noticeable during SSF on those classes. You just need to farm money for spells, which ends up feeling the same as farming money for EC items.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-18-2023 at 11:37 AM..