Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-18-2022, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Any class that can solo well. That group is breaking up.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 07-19-2022, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking same thing but I def think they'd be sitting around wishing the had a cleric instead of a paladin lol

That helm clicky is nice 46-50 but it loses value quickly after that. And the whole fight they are not DPSing so its like...

yeah, so I think shaman because at least that supports the paly!
Enc could definitely work.

The paladin and wizard can both assist on charm breaks w/ stuns. Rather than keeping 1 pet, the enc pets just get cycled as they tank. No need to slow mobs most of the time as thats just decreasing the overall dmg of the group (think of mobs dmg vs charm pets as part of the equation). Pally heals are plenty to keep the enc going non stop, wiz can finish off low pets w/ a single nuke and/or blast the groups way out of a sticky spot....and ofc evacs / ports are nice.

Its not optimal, but I've seen shittier trios. Paladin just needs to understand they will not be tanking / swinging the majority of the time (obvious exceptions depending on situation). That is the job of the pets. Of course, if the pally has about 200k in gear ala fungi / narandi crown / big haste they can certainly tank w/ slows until 50 or so.

Max CHA paladin w/ big CHA items just have him go out and split w/ calms and pull stuff into camp.
Last edited by Toxigen; 07-19-2022 at 09:09 AM..
Old 10-04-2022, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

i think necro would be nice for fear kiting and paladin can take a few hits until the mobs feared and wiz can just blast away