Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-14-2023, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is pretty clear you don't know much about this game when you think respawn timers are hypothetical, or that Enchanters are never used for pulling. But not surprising from someone who offers nothing but insults.
Best leveling duo: Ench/Cleric

Best untwinked dungeon soloer (excluding Ench): Necro

Fills the few holes that Ench/Cleric are missing (i.e. snare, FD): Necro

Largely redundant when grouped with Ench/Cleric: Shaman

Winning EQ by ignoring tryhard suggestions and playing an Iksar trio: the OP

Highest levels of autism ever observed on P1999 forums: You
Old 06-14-2023, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nobody thinks you are cool for calling other people autistic, or just saying stuff in an assertive manner. Please keep this in RnF. You aren't capable of being helpful it seems. You should play the game more before just saying things.

I always find it strange when people use the word "redundant" when talking about a Shaman/Enchanter combo. People are happy with running Enchanter/Enchanter, which is pure redundancy, but they are fine with it. It is a great duo. Clearly "redundant" is not a negative term, simply a fuzzy term people think sound good, without actually thinking. Apparently you can't have two DPS classes in a group, because it is "redundant" /sarcasm.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-14-2023 at 07:26 PM..
Old 06-14-2023, 09:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I appreciate the fun read here, very informative from the various perspectives
Old 06-15-2023, 04:43 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol well I am already playing a cleric in the other group we play in and one of the others is playing an enchanter. There's no sense in playing those 2 classes again. So when someone suggested the 3x iksar group we decided to give it a try. Had we not already been playing those 2 classes we would have most certainly gone with a ench/cleric.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevellyan06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol well I am already playing a cleric in the other group we play in and one of the others is playing an enchanter. There's no sense in playing those 2 classes again. So when someone suggested the 3x iksar group we decided to give it a try. Had we not already been playing those 2 classes we would have most certainly gone with a ench/cleric.
I think you will be fine with this if you already have a cleric/enchanter for the big crawls. For basic stuff, this trio will pretty much steamroll everything. The biggest problem with this trio is CC and you would only need it if you get a bad split or you get mobs warping through walls and pull a ton of trash. The Shammy is gonna get dirtnapped since the monk and nec can FD.

1-20 in Kurns > Giant Fort and then Dalnir will get you easy to 40. CoM to 50 and 50+ in Seb/Karnors. Would never need to leave Kunark.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you will be fine with this if you already have a cleric/enchanter for the big crawls. For basic stuff, this trio will pretty much steamroll everything. The biggest problem with this trio is CC and you would only need it if you get a bad split or you get mobs warping through walls and pull a ton of trash. The Shammy is gonna get dirtnapped since the monk and nec can FD.

1-20 in Kurns > Giant Fort and then Dalnir will get you easy to 40. CoM to 50 and 50+ in Seb/Karnors. Would never need to leave Kunark.
The Shaman can just gate. Same with a Cleric, Enchanter, etc.
Old 06-15-2023, 06:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Shaman can just gate. Same with a Cleric, Enchanter, etc.
It can...but not as reliable or as fast as FD.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It can...but not as reliable or as fast as FD.
Both have risks. Gate can collapse or be interrupted, FD can fail or be interrupted (Necro). The point is any class with Gate has a good chance of getting out with Gate. I've done it plenty of times.

Usually you only have a problem when your group has characters without FD or Gate like Warriors. Those classes would need something like a WC cap or Gate Potion to get out.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

Those classes can just run to the zonline. I've done that many times. Don't need gate or fd pshhhh
Old 06-15-2023, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those classes can just run to the zonline. I've done that many times. Don't need gate or fd pshhhh
You certainly can, unless there's another group in the way and you train them. It's situational based on zone, camp, and player count.