Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-09-2022, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually shoot poorly. The range I practice at has 20 yard targets. Today I got a little angry. I think intent has a lot to do with accuracy.
Woa. This is awesome! Gj, anger doesn't take away. Anger is for protection.

Ya, intent works. Careful with anger! I won't say don't. Just care! Anger is normal. Just choose how much, decide what is effective.

There are other ways to shoot good also.
Last edited by starkind; 03-09-2022 at 05:40 PM..
Old 03-09-2022, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

Saw my Grandma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2022, 12:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woa. This is awesome! Gj, anger doesn't take away. Anger is for protection.

Ya, intent works. Careful with anger! I won't say don't. Just care! Anger is normal. Just choose how much, decide what is effective.

There are other ways to shoot good also.
I don't want to get angry. You wouldn't like me if I got angry. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than practice, what are the other ways? Actually, I took up the recurve to get some exercise and still find it a lot of fun.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want to get angry. You wouldn't like me if I got angry. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than practice, what are the other ways? Actually, I took up the recurve to get some exercise and still find it a lot of fun.
Sounds funny, zen, mindfulness. You're one with the bow, target, arrow...! Picture everything in your minds eye. Acknowledge judgment and go back to mindfulness observing every detail. Save picturing the arrow in its bullseye and aiming for that very last moment.

You can of course practice mindfulness without the bow or arrow at all at other times. Observations... mindfulness. Awareness. When judgments or thinking intrudes, just acknowledge your thought (i thought about writing a letter). And move back to sensing your environment, or a specific object.

Sounds silly it works! Especially shooting. Calmness and emptiness. There's a reason people are trained not to anticipate the trigger pull.

You may just need a lot more practice though. I used to draw a heavy compound that I was barely able to manage. The only thing you can do then is get as much practice firing until your able to draw easily.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:06 PM
Banned

Had to get my bath guest ready in case someone might be sleeping over soon. Waited a bit long in between cleanings, to the point where gunk at the top of the toilet bowl was on there so fucking good I had to scrape it off with a fucking flathead screwdriver. Some of it was on so good I carved scrapes into the porcelain trying to get it off

Don’t wait that long to clean your toilet. It’s at least presentable now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4009CD22-B7B8-49BB-BC89-DA40CA615A6F.jpg (21.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-10-2022, 11:20 PM
Banned

There's a mirror attached to your toilet 🚻!
Old 03-11-2022, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a mirror attached to your toilet 🚻!
Nah it’s not attached. I shave my head in the shower, I need the mirror to do the sides and back. Way better than spending $20 on haircuts tho
Old 03-11-2022, 01:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah it’s not attached. I shave my head in the shower, I need the mirror to do the sides and back. Way better than spending $20 on haircuts tho
My sgt got really fucking msd at me cuz not supposed to shave own head. Lol.

I did by feel, I probably fucked it up tho lol. Mirror is a good idea. Spent like 2 years debating a shower 1 also.. it's hard af to shave blind with long hair in the shower, not rly worth it at all.
Old 03-12-2022, 04:43 PM
Banned

First base last night with this girl, things are moving slow because she seems pretty proper/old fashioned (prude has too negative of connotation IMO), and we haven’t hung out in past 2 weeks cause her fam in town once every 2yrs. I figured when she wanted to come in but declined any alcohol that might be as far as it goes. I didn’t say it but I was thinking “if you’re not sleeping here I want you to still come look at my bathroom because you could eat off this floor and toilet, that’s how clean it is. I toiled for hours over this shit” but alas
Old 03-12-2022, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Well, keep up the hard work making your life in order and you won’t have any problem finding a lovely woman who’s attracted to you. It’s as much about your own attitude and ability to love as it is about your clean toilet.

But I’m just obnoxiously providing unsolicited advice since it’s a message board.

Bathroom looks too clean go pick out your choice of indoor plant a beeswax candle with matches for allowing your guests to eliminate poop odor and if it still looks empty a piece of drift wood or something else that gives you small pleasure to see on a daily basis. Don’t let it get that steamy dust buildup either!
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-12-2022 at 06:16 PM..