Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Some of the rough edges on p99 is also due to the group homes.

There are a number of group homes that use p99 and form guilds and use eq to teach lifeskills to the residents. The group home I work with, I won't name my clients' guild, but they are real troopers if you knew where they were coming from.

These kids, some of them have been raised in closets. But now they work hard at learning people skills, teamwork, trust issues, anger management, impulse control, etc, and more than a few of even the "closet kids" went on to be well-known officers on the server, in raiding guilds to boot.

So ya gotta take into account where at least some of the p99 players are coming from in terms of development and life experiences.

So that might not be an total dickweed you are dealing with in game; it might be one of my kids, trying to learn those basic lifeskills many of us take for granted.

Just help them out and give them a fair chance, is all I ask.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the rough edges on p99 is also due to the group homes...
wow after 5 years it all makes so much sense.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Invis was used because the War was KoS to the FP guards, not for deception reasons.

Are the DE's in Kith a camp as well? Many experiences of them being an FTE race when it came down to competing groups each with the timer. Seems its only matter of one group claiming it as a camp?
Good point... I'm going to start petitioning people for stealing my camp at DE's.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This exact situation happened twice with phinny and BDA. They had a few people that would try to lock it down and if they knew you were there or you sent them a tell otherwise they brought in more people to train sea horses back and forth until they were ready to pull and would drop them on you...
That's a load of shit.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So that might not be an total dickweed you are dealing with in game; it might be one of my kids, trying to learn those basic lifeskills many of us take for granted.

Just help them out and give them a fair chance, is all I ask.
I'll give them a fair chance, but fair's fair: if one of your kids is acting like a total dickweed, they're failing those basic social skills.

Lack of practice doesn't make them not-dickweeds in the interim. And how are they going to learn it's inappropriate behavior if they aren't called on it?
Old 06-07-2015, 05:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a load of shit.
It is what it is. If it's a competitive camp then that's what it is. No shame in it, we all just adapt.
Last edited by bktroost; 06-07-2015 at 05:14 AM..
Old 06-07-2015, 06:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the rules clearly state that you cannot leave them up uncontested just because you're "camping" it. You cannot be AFK. You have to engage it. The sooner, the better. If you have to resort to petitioning, I'd say you waited too long.
YOU keep saying that you need to engage within seconds. I don't see where the rules are saying this.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YOU keep saying that you need to engage within seconds. I don't see where the rules are saying this.
Then that seems like your opinion unless you can show where it says otherwise.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Banned

GM's should just enforce a no dbag rule, if you pull some dbag shit you get a 30 day suspension. That would solve the problem of no variance b/c the high end guilds wouldn't have enough members active to raid :P

The one negative encounter I had with Lucan and a TMO member was basically saying that I didn't hold the camp because I didn't keep it cleared (Brother Jentry). While I didn't necessarily agree I avoided conflict by just randoming for camp. I kind of viewed it like Tranix camp, Tranix is 8 hours and you are required to keep the room giants down to keep it claimed so it didn't seem to unreasonable to have to keep Jentry down. Granted I knew the timer, keeping Jentry down for 8 hours would be a little ridiculous.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

The only way people are ever going to be satisfied is if someone makes a list of each encounter like this and the staff writes the rules for each and every one - which, while that would be nice and solve most of the disputes, is probably not going to happen.

However, I feel there was an instance where a staff member said that players could use posts in which disputes were discussed and staff members chimed in as a guide to prevent and solve future conflicts. Perhaps someone could gather all the threads like that and combine them into one and get it stickied, and then I suppose the job would already be half done. In many cases the information is already there, it's just lost in an abyss of threads.