Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-31-2023, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadoipi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poopsocking is a skill.
Pissing in the water bottle i keep in my car for emergency, is a skill.. Pooping in a stretchy sock that expands beyond the size of your asshole, is hardly a skill..
Old 07-31-2023, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure about that. When it spawned the one guy was standing right on top of it so I am not 100% sure it is random. I’ll just go to oot again but that fucker is rare as hell
It's "random" in the sense that there are multiple spawn points, and which one of them he spawns at is chosen at random. But no he doesn't spawn at a random /loc. He only spawns in the desert area of the zone, and I know of at least five different spawn locations having camped him a bunch.

Both times I got him it was because nobody else showed up at 9pm. Just keep trying you'll get it eventually
Old 07-31-2023, 06:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's "random" in the sense that there are multiple spawn points, and which one of them he spawns at is chosen at random. But no he doesn't spawn at a random /loc. He only spawns in the desert area of the zone, and I know of at least five different spawn locations having camped him a bunch.

Both times I got him it was because nobody else showed up at 9pm. Just keep trying you'll get it eventually
Thanks mate. Will give it another go
Old 08-01-2023, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that is the point. I was at OOT and logged around mignight. Woke up 9am the same dude was still there. Stayed another 4 hours and still nothing. So I decided to try Sro not knowing Cuckdom would be there 4 deep with lv 60's. Considering they all had epics and other end game gear, I highly doubt the 5k is helping them much then I am sure that guild has millions banked. Gotta assume they are just RMTing stuff and year people will pay for a 5k item for sure. I mean FFS people paid $250 for some shit blue weapon in Diablo 3 when it came out. I know because I sold a few on the RMAH.
First off, J Boots are so incredibly easy to get on P99 that there would be zero RMT market from them. MQs cost like 4.5-5k platinum. You could farm that in like one long session killing HK guards for example...it's such a low amount of plat. Or just wait in line in OOT. This is not an RMT situation, stop slinging slanderous lies at other players and guilds just because you're a whiney player who doesn't like that he can't have what he wants whenever he wants it (your complaints about Quillmane and other drops on these forums are proof of this as well).

You also seem to have no idea how guild banks work. Someone in a guild who is farming J Boots isn't doing it (usually) to sell an MQ to put money in the guild bank, nor are they able to use the guild bank's money to buy their own stuff (except for reimbursements for raiding, e.g., things like regents, recharges (for certain things), etc.). These are likely people to which 5k is a meaningful amount of platinum.

You're just whining as you typically do. You don't want to wait in line at OOT because you're impatient and want everything whenever you want it. So you go to S Ro and then whine about the fact that you can't get your own rights to a free for all target and you call it unfair (which is ironic because the S Ro AC is actually totally fair - it has multiple possible spawn points and anyone with the ability to track has a shot at it if it doesn't spawn on a point that's camped). You also seem too lazy to just quickly farm up 4.5-5kpp. So literally it seems there's no solution that would satisfy you other than "give him whatever he wants the second he wants it, without any competition or anything from other players"

Sounds like classic, non-instanced EQ isn't the game for you buddy. Maybe you'd do better on live.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

There is another solution…

On red some stranger just MQed my war jboots for free. No strings attached.

Tldr try red?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, J Boots are so incredibly easy to get on P99 that there would be zero RMT market from them. MQs cost like 4.5-5k platinum. You could farm that in like one long session killing HK guards for example...it's such a low amount of plat. Or just wait in line in OOT. This is not an RMT situation, stop slinging slanderous lies at other players and guilds just because you're a whiney player who doesn't like that he can't have what he wants whenever he wants it (your complaints about Quillmane and other drops on these forums are proof of this as well).

You also seem to have no idea how guild banks work. Someone in a guild who is farming J Boots isn't doing it (usually) to sell an MQ to put money in the guild bank, nor are they able to use the guild bank's money to buy their own stuff (except for reimbursements for raiding, e.g., things like regents, recharges (for certain things), etc.). These are likely people to which 5k is a meaningful amount of platinum.

You're just whining as you typically do. You don't want to wait in line at OOT because you're impatient and want everything whenever you want it. So you go to S Ro and then whine about the fact that you can't get your own rights to a free for all target and you call it unfair (which is ironic because the S Ro AC is actually totally fair - it has multiple possible spawn points and anyone with the ability to track has a shot at it if it doesn't spawn on a point that's camped). You also seem too lazy to just quickly farm up 4.5-5kpp. So literally it seems there's no solution that would satisfy you other than "give him whatever he wants the second he wants it, without any competition or anything from other players"

Sounds like classic, non-instanced EQ isn't the game for you buddy. Maybe you'd do better on live.
You sound so mad and upset, maybe is it because your life is so shit that you just come on here and bitch about other people? I feel bad for your family if you have one.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You sound so mad and upset, maybe is it because your life is so shit that you just come on here and bitch about other people? I feel bad for your family if you have one.
Well I guess it's tough to infer tone. I would say more "annoyed by your general demeanor" than mad or upset. My life is pretty good though thanks for asking; although this week and last week deal flow is a little bit slow (for Wall St in general too) so just killing some time at work on the forums here.

You said you played back during the classic era. So that means you know classic mechanics and that it can be very hard to get certain items or engages sometimes due to competition for them. Seems odd to apparently have played classic back in the day, join P99 which is a classic server, and then complain about classic mechanics.

As I said, maybe this isn't the game for you and you should go elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Posting in a meltdown thread
Old 08-01-2023, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Can we circle back around to being a "Druins" at a camp? Isn't that a little.... much? Are we able to agree on that at least?
Old 08-02-2023, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maximum irony achieved. Well done.