Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-11-2023, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

Highkeep is a good time and a nice side quest part of the old world. Going over the mountain pass to the karanas is always magical to me however many times I do it. Same with rathe mountains and lake rathe and the arena.

There are exp areas all through here in your 30th with the Highkeep gobs being awesome
While feeling more like a level 5 orc hill group experience (aka classic awesome eq)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-11-2023, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frozen Tower! Frozen Tower!
Just hit 31, never been to velious so to frozen tower I go!
Old 06-12-2023, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is a cafvern off the shore of field of bone that's *all* undead. Except for one odd troll that spawns in there. I forget what it is called exactly. But if you run west along the northern coast youll see a small square pillar sticking out of the water. If you swim to it, you'll see it marks the opening of said cavern. Its a short swim from the surface to the opening. And most people don't seem to know of it.
Wow I never knew of this, which is dumb by me I guess since the entrance is marked on the Wiki map. I just never bothered to look into what was in there. Always crazy to me how I can still find stuff out about this game after all this time.

OP, I think you might be able to get another level or two out of the two Kaladim Citizen faction dwarves on Sister Isle in OOT. No real loot to speak of, but two 6:40 level 25 single spawns, almost never contested that I've seen. Maybe the two tollbooth guards in WC? Sometimes contested and it's well known, but there also aren't that many people leveling there at 30 anymore. The two elves at the Druid ring there are also doable at your level, so there are two different camp options right there in WC.
Old 06-16-2023, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

ocean of tears - sisters in the hut and or dwarfs in the back on sister island. They drop swords that are 11pp per and there is a vendor on the same island.
Old 06-16-2023, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Crystal Caverns
Old 06-19-2023, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

I leveled my necro from 29-40ish in Overthere in the zone corner between the SF ramp and Frontier mountains. Pulling stuff to the wall there and fear kiting had pretty convenient pathing that almost never got adds. Aim for berzekers when you see them since the whip turnins at the outpost were beefy xp hits.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I leveled my necro from 29-40ish in Overthere in the zone corner between the SF ramp and Frontier mountains. Pulling stuff to the wall there and fear kiting had pretty convenient pathing that almost never got adds. Aim for berzekers when you see them since the whip turnins at the outpost were beefy xp hits.
This is good advice
Old 06-21-2023, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Old world = less HP typically per mob = quicker kills = faster gains [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2023, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old world = less HP typically per mob = quicker kills = faster gains [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that really true vs Kunark? I always used to think that but feel like I saw mob HP pools in Kunark that weren't that different. Velious on the other hand
Old 06-22-2023, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just hit 31, never been to velious so to frozen tower I go!
Good luck to you! Classic dungeon crawling at its best, Dangerous, but a fun zone to master! I enjoy the feeling of having a goal other than exp.. You are hoping for key drops to get to the next floor, while also looking for loot, all the while getting that sweet exp. Make sure to check out the wiki for the zone!