Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 01:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don’t understand why that structure would exist. Read “Streets of Gold.” An underrated reason for immigrant success is they only let us go to places like east Texas or LA (growing economies). If we had national service mandated and people had to move around, I bet a lot of people would get out of West Virginia and Detroit and find less “structural” obstacles
I have absolutely no proof of this, but I'd wager the original idea behind each "version" of the structure is to sort the wheat from the chaff, in some sense. Like, we will tolerate _____ if they integrate and we all make money. Reconstruction in the south certainly still resonates to the present in a lot of really complicated ways.

That isn't to say that within each version there aren't other forces at work in every direction, too.

I will check out that book. Anything that causes demographic change would change the issue, but I'd oppose mandatory military service personally if that's what you meant. I could compromise on civil service options tho. I have ideas for a Civilian Conservation Corps.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Republicans won the popular vote.

More people voted for them over Democrats.
Those same Republicans voted for Democratic senators rather than stand with you paste eating retards etc etc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those same Republicans voted for Democratic senators rather than stand with you paste eating retards, etc etc
But those same Republicans voted for Republican House reps rather than stand with you paste eating retards, etc etc
Old 01-29-2023, 01:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, they won the popular vote.

Where's the lie?
A lie by omission is a lie.

Dems likely won the popular vote in the class whatever Senate seats that were up.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could seriously get a full ride to any school if you were born on an Indian reservation, and the Indian gaming commission makes 10s of billions of dollars a year.

There is no reason that Indian reservations should even have poverty issues.

None.

Sorry the guy who thinks Vietnamese and Indian people are predisposed to owning shitty hotels and nailsalons thinks me calling out a 40 billion dollar a year industry exploitative is racist.
I was once in an HR class and the black professor told me, the only whitey, that I should attend Morehouse College on a minority scholarship. I didn't do it.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was once in an HR class and the black professor told me, the only whitey, that I should attend Morehouse College on a minority scholarship. I didn't do it.
You cant even go 10 words without bringing up skin color, everything is defined by it to you.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could seriously get a full ride to any school if you were born on an Indian reservation, and the Indian gaming commission makes 10s of billions of dollars a year.

There is no reason that Indian reservations should even have poverty issues.

None.

Sorry the guy who thinks Vietnamese and Indian people are predisposed to owning shitty hotels and nailsalons thinks me calling out a 40 billion dollar a year industry exploitative is racist.
You ever been to a reservation? Native Americans legitimately got fucked over hard man
Old 01-29-2023, 02:03 AM
Banned

"Predisposed" lol. If you're putting words in my mouth on a forum with a text format, you have already lost.

History is real, and it's a tapestry, not a series of disconnected events. There's a shitload of Irish-Americans who think potatoes are native to Ireland.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
You cant even go 10 words without bringing up skin color, everything is defined by it to you.
Every far leftist looks at everything through a lens of "oppressor and oppressed".

Back in the day, it was Robber Barrons and the Working Class.

Communists realized that didn't work in the US, so they applied the same concept to race instead.

Robber Barrons = White people

Working class = minorities
Old 01-29-2023, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But those same Republicans voted for Republican House reps rather than stand with you paste eating retards, etc etc
How are you going to get Republicans elected in contested statewide races when women and youth refuse to support the crazy candidates you put out there, screaming about how vaccines kill and M&Ms are too sexy? Even registered Republicans are voting for people like Fetterman and Kelly rather than you paste eaters.
Closed Thread