Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-29-2022, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't we all trolls wasting time here, though?
To this degree? Most definitely not.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:55 PM
Banned

Seriously though I mainly just hope OP is okay, like irl. He sounds insanely depressed, and if it's all an act that's actually kind of *more* concerning.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To this degree? Most definitely not.
The distinction between time spent and time wasted is whatever you arbitrarily value. But yeah, this is a complete waste of time, you're better off spending it somewhere else.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:21 PM
Banned

Ur not really wasting time until they merge red green and blue into purple and launch red 2.0 and u make a fresh toon there.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously though I mainly just hope OP is okay, like irl. He sounds insanely depressed, and if it's all an act that's actually kind of *more* concerning.
For what it's worth; no, it's not an act. I genuinely am depressed as hell, my self-confidence is at a literal 0, and I honestly am just tired of being ignored and losing all the time. I really do just want to experience one victory. Game or life, I'll take either one. Just one win.

But, for what it's worth as well, I am also in therapy atm trying to get things worked out and trying to become a functional adult again.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

I’m sorry to read you feel ignored, but I can see from this thread you are valued and there are many here who regard you fondly.

If you mention your eq struggles to your therapist - they can probably use it as a vehicle to help you achieve in game and test out strategies to use irl.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it's worth; no, it's not an act. I genuinely am depressed as hell, my self-confidence is at a literal 0, and I honestly am just tired of being ignored and losing all the time. I really do just want to experience one victory. Game or life, I'll take either one. Just one win.

But, for what it's worth as well, I am also in therapy atm trying to get things worked out and trying to become a functional adult again.
Good for you man: best of luck in feeling better.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-02-2023, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Make sure to tell your therapist your seeking attention even in the form of pitty.
Old 01-03-2023, 01:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I had to LOL. IRL you are neither a shadowknight nor a wizard. You can be accepted as a person regardless of your in-game toon race/class/deity, brother. Cmon, jack.

Ill give it to you simple: you have a self-sabotaging attitude. Stinkin thinkin will leave you wallowing in a pile of you know what. So buck up and keep a positive mental attitude. You'll find a way.
Gotta say I agree 100%. What's with the woe is me attitude? If you are experiencing depression, playing Everquest, especially on P99 is not going to help at all. It's a 24 year old game being emulated and playable for free. There's nothing that hasn't been done. If you really wanna play a wizard, do it. Find a dark blue mob on a 6:40 timer and nuke it and med and do something else. You'll level up to max eventually. Any raid guild would love a 60 wizard, and there are a ton of great, friendly guiilds. Fires of Heaven is my guild, and I raid rarely. When I do, I am welcome and the people are fantastic and friendly. There's no caste system or anything, everyone is treated fairly and with respect.

There's also Pals, and The Drift for newer folks, welcoming and don't tolerate nonsence. Loramin gave great advice though, go outside and forget the game. It's not going anywhere. Self care > respect from randoms on an old, emulated game.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:27 PM
Large Bat

Hi Tadkins,

Please don’t mind the negative comments, these people are mean. Please message me and my boyfriend, we are more than happy to help you with your epic. We have a powerful team of friends that can help.

I am Theea and my boyfriend is Woodark.