Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-27-2022, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

The secret to unlocking all of P99 is a two step process:

1) Don't be intolerable

2) Join the top guild on the server

You don't have to be "competitive" or "skilled", you just need to show up once in a while and get points. If you just wanna do epics or HoT, you can chill in a smaller guild.
Old 12-27-2022, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The secret to unlocking all of P99 is a two step process:

1) Don't be intolerable

2) Join the top guild on the server

You don't have to be "competitive" or "skilled", you just need to show up once in a while and get points. If you just wanna do epics or HoT, you can chill in a smaller guild.
If you’re nice you can get people to vouch for you and be let into raiding guilds without even a raid level character as they’ll trust you to use a shared toon instead. Removes the pressure of “is my toon geared enough” and stuff.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-27-2022, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you submit a bug report? That is something which will need attention for the next iteration of green (assuming they choose to redo that unclassic features [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Admittedly I didn't do a bug report (though that's a great idea, I really should have at the time) but I did petition extensively to no avail.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not at all kidding when I said I would have framed that shit. It would have been the closest thing to a trophy I've ever earned in my life.

I guess I'm just doomed to be a loser forever. Nothing I do ever seems to work out.

Since my time here is probably coming to a close soon...meh.

at least the dwarf looked at me
Old 12-27-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Just to give a little more context, that page changed over time. Originally Rogean asked for ideas, people just spewed them into the forum, and I made a wiki page to organize them in one place. Then, over time, the page morphed into recording achievements ... which was a natural progression ... but I guess it may have made parts of the page unclear.

Regardless, you can still add yourself as the first Master Brewer of Green; https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_(2019)_Server_Firsts is literally a wiki page. Anyone can edit it, as long as they're not vandalizing the page.

But look, in regards to your statement to the staff ("All that work ... and I get nothing?") ... whether you got an "official" server first, or just one you claimed for yourself in the wiki ... you were always going to get nothing. Nobody cares what is written on that page except the people on it, and most of them have long since stopped caring also.

Nobody does server firsts on an emulated server of a 20+ year old game because the clouds part and the sun shines down and they become anointed by the gods ... they do them for the fun of doing them, and maybe then fun of telling random group members "I was actually the first here to do ____".

You had fun (or maybe you didn't?), you can still tell people about your achievement, and you can still record it for all eternity in the wiki (where, again, no one cares): that's all you were ever going to get.

Just like EVERYTHING that ANYONE achieves in this game ... a game that's ultimately about nothing, except one's and zero's on a computer in Rogean's server cage ... the only value is the value you assign.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to give a little more context, that page changed over time. Originally Rogean asked for ideas, people just spewed them into the forum, and I made a wiki page to organize them in one place. Then, over time, the page morphed into recording achievements ... which was a natural progression ... but I guess it may have made parts of the page unclear.

Regardless, you can still add yourself as the first Master Brewer of Green; https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_(2019)_Server_Firsts is literally a wiki page. Anyone can edit it, as long as they're not vandalizing the page.

But look, in regards to your statement to the staff ("All that work ... and I get nothing?") ... whether you got an "official" server first, or just one you claimed for yourself in the wiki ... you were always going to get nothing. Nobody cares what is written on that page except the people on it, and most of them have long since stopped caring also.

Nobody does server firsts on an emulated server of a 20+ year old game because the clouds part and the sun shines down and they become anointed by the gods ... they do them for the fun of doing them, and maybe then fun of telling random group members "I was actually the first here to do ____".

You had fun (or maybe you didn't?), you can still tell people about your achievement, and you can still record it for all eternity in the wiki (where, again, no one cares): that's all you were ever going to get.

Just like EVERYTHING that ANYONE achieves in this game ... a game that's ultimately about nothing, except one's and zero's on a computer in Rogean's server cage ... the only value is the value you assign.
The character in question that I did the thing with is long deleted so it doesn't really matter anymore I suppose. Had I known I could do something like that on the wiki though I would have done it.

I know I wasn't going to get anything tangible besides the server announcement. That's all I ever wanted, to be recognized as somebody who did something. To feel like somebody, even if only for 15 minutes, in a game where I've been a nobody for 20+ years.

But eh, if people were getting achievements for killing Fippy Darkpaw and getting a level 5 monk, I figured getting 200+ Brewing would have been achievement-worthy. Definitely far harder than any of those.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's all I ever wanted, to be recognized as somebody who did something. To feel like somebody, even if only for 15 minutes, in a game where I've been a nobody for 20+ years.
Right, well again getting any server first isn't how you do that. Everyone on that page is still a nobody ... unless they're a somebody for a different (non-server-first) reason.

Look at the people who are somebodies here. Guild and raid leaders are known for how well they lead, as well as how well they get along with othe guilds (or don't ... but I'm not going to name names). Youtubers like Kraddok are known for the amusing and/or interesting content they create.

Posters like Jimjam or Danth offers sage/helpful advice, while Yendor offers intelligent non-raider takes on things. I myself waste way too much time on the wiki, Magnataress writes the most posts/post text, by sheer quantity ... hell even Chuckles, arguably the biggest loser on the server, at least makes the other trolls laugh with his trolling.

What makes you a somebody isn't the pixels or the server firsts, it's the impact you make on other humans.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-27-2022 at 05:30 PM..
Old 12-27-2022, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, well again getting any server first isn't how you do that. Everyone on that page is still a nobody ... unless they're a somebody for a different (non-server-first) reason.

Look at the people who are somebodies here. Guild and raid leaders are known for how well they lead, as well as how well they get along with othe guilds (or don't ... but I'm not going to name names). Youtubers like Kraddok are known for the amusing and/or interesting content they create.

Posters like Jimjam or Danth offers sage/helpful advice, while Yendor offers intelligent non-raider takes on things. I myself waste way too much time on the wiki, Magnataress writes the most posts/post text, by sheer quantity ... hell even Chuckles, arguably the biggest loser on the server. at least makes the other trolls laugh with his trolling.

What makes you a somebody isn't the pixels or the server firsts, it's the impact you make on other humans.
At this point I feel like I could come out and announce...

"Hey! Wizard here! Skip DaP and feel free to message me anytime, anywhere for a free port. No questions asked and will always respond. I will even travel to your far off zone if needed. No tip or payment required. I exist only to serve the people of this server!"

...and somehow that's still not going to be enough, lol.

True story though, I was the reason one dude got his elder beads one day. Responded quickly to an emergency corpse run port right after he won them. How's that for impact, lol?

but eh, I just wish my time would come too
Old 12-27-2022, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point I feel like I could come out and announce...

"Hey! Wizard here! Skip DaP and feel free to message me anytime, anywhere for a free port. No questions asked and will always respond. I will even travel to your far off zone if needed. No tip or payment required. I exist only to serve the people of this server!"

...and somehow that's still not going to be enough, lol.

True story though, I was the reason one dude got his elder beads one day. Responded quickly to an emergency corpse run port right after he won them. How's that for impact, lol?

but eh, I just wish my time would come too
You will probably be recognized as the biggest cry baby after this. We all impact the game in different ways. Go get your shinebox.
Old 12-27-2022, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

TL;DR: EverQuest is a pretty shitty game. Once you figure that out, then you can start having fun with it. Embrace the suck.
Old 12-28-2022, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Your question is a real "how long is a piece of rope" question isn't it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean your chances on this server of having a fun time and socializing are quite high, but your chances of being the greatest hero that we all have ever heard of in EverQuest history are slightly lower.