Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-16-2023, 09:00 AM
Aviak

Smile Guide for Females Playing EverQuest

Guide for Females Playing EverQuest:

Hey everyone! Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of posts on this forum about females and their struggles when it comes to this game. I’ve been playing for 2-3 weeks, and I’ve learned plenty of helpful things along the way. I figured, why not make a post? So here’s a few things you need to consider.

Race, Class, Religion:

Be a wood elf, they are one of the hottest toons in game. The one to pick is obviously the one with the lipstick, but if you prefer something more humble, or maybe a different hair color, that’s okay too. The important thing is it’s a female and you start out looking topless from the back (doesn’t give you any kind of buff in-game, I just think it’s a plus). Also, be a Bard. Not much to say about that, Bard is OP class. And as far as worshipping goes—worship Veeshan. Just because Dragons are cool.
Now remember, because you are a wood elf, you will start in gfay, in that god forsaken town in the trees. It’ll take a while for you to get used to everything there, and it kinda sucks, especially if you are noob to the game. Remember what area you fall in/look for up for bridges and search under there if you fall off a bridge.

Strategies, Tactics, and More:

The whole point of leveling is leveling, the whole point of playing this game, for the beginners, is leveling. Try to keep your Combat Kettle on about halfway to “Whew this is easy!”-level. If you can’t keep yourself from getting bored, or go to the opposite extreme and become too good, then you’re done. Also, pick the right class (BARD) and stay within your level range (don’t group with hoes who will steal your EXP). Bards are OP at pulling and smashing shit, just don’t forget to turn off your aggressive AOE song when you are around NPCs, those Guards will knock you into next week.

People can call you whores and have you kicked off the servers if you do things considered unsavory, like “ninja-looting” or “stealing mobs.” It’s not fair, but to keep this game on life support, players have to play within a certain range and respect each other.

Speedrunning levels:

The easiest way to level is by picking the Bard class and leveling with it. If you choose to level with anything else, like a sword or a bow, you need to check your stats like any other game. Make sure you’re not overloaded with skills, and your mana/armor/supports will all be about right. Also, your Bard toon and their abilities might be similar to your other toons’ class or race, which can be confusing. If your toon doesn’t evolve to their full potential by their first few levels, don’t be surprised if your friend points and laughs at your less-than-heroic hot chick. You may need to make another toon to play as, if it’s too hard to play the one you made. Maybe try gnome wizard?
Also… Don’t cheat to level; level slowly and get a few levels in before you start to feel comfortable taking on enemies who con red by yourself, or get gimped on in-game. It takes way too long to get to the higher levels, so patience is key.

Earning Spell Weaving:

As stated above, Bards get something called songs. Songs last 18 seconds. So, you should be good for every three songs you play. So, playing three songs around and around makes it go in a circle of whatever three buffs your song does. Just try not to miss a note. And don’t start the next song till your first song is finished. Song finishing occurs in the afterglow.
You can get your songs on your own by leveling and leveling and leveling. If you do so, just enjoy your songs. If you do it more than once a day you can expect to start to hear positive feedback.

Female Advantage:

Now, because you are a female toon, (and assuming that females are reading this, a female in real life) many people will be chasing you down to buff you/twink you out/give you platinum. Although it can be overwhelming at first, this is completely normal and to be expected. Hang around EC Tunnel or West Freeport and watch it all start rolling in. Be prepared to be a little embarrassed, but remember you can always roll a trolllady shaman instead.

If you get spanked, take that platinum and give it to me, we need the extra cash.

Biggest Fear? Male or female?
Getting spanked. At least on this game.
With the exception of maybe double healing, just wait until the group/main healer can take it for a while. At least then you have a chance to run away.

The Final Boss:

Epic endgame, where everyone attacks you all at once and you stand there screaming and curse your decisions, but you’re still down and out? That will be you. You can’t do anything but run in circles and scream. It’s like an altar to satan where every Troll who is slightly more intelligent than you is sitting on the alter, tossing bodies into the pit and laughing maniacally. Wait until your deaths are heavily-censored before you add this game to your playlist.

Hey, I was just kidding!

That wasn’t the final boss. There won’t be one. It never ends. You just hope that you can eventually put a nice /camp up before the next time you come back this game, go back to farming, and move on.

Anyways, I’ve been up all night playing EverQuest and wanted to do a quick little write-up before I go to bed. Female toons always have the upper hand BTW, unless you rolled a troll or ogre. Remember that.

Don’t miss out! If you are female and reading this, Apply to join the <dreamland> guild (we have female TOONS!) and even have your own mini-thread in our discord. Male toons need not apply.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2023, 10:14 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2023, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ur sig is the hot wood elf
Old 01-16-2023, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

My lack of response to this thread isn't a sign of judgment. Or neglect. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2023, 01:55 PM
Aviak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My lack of response to this thread isn't a sign of judgment. Or neglect. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trust me. I know. I always knew.

(Hope this helps )
Old 01-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Old 01-16-2023, 02:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the bump
Old 01-16-2023, 02:50 PM
Kobold

Elves don't wear makeup, they just naturally look like they do.
Old 01-16-2023, 02:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elves don't wear makeup, they just naturally look like they do.
Seems legit.
Old 01-16-2023, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Hotest female face is dark elf with the beauty mark imho. That's the one I would pick at character selection.