Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-01-2022, 10:07 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks I couldn't figure out what the issue was either, but with parallels 17.1 change the following: compatibility -> [change emulation settings] -> safe emulation (from the dropdown).

That worked for me.
This helped me get past the server select window! However, it doesn't seem like any of my environmental textures are loading (just character models and objects like torches). Did you have this issue?

Also, any tips for the camera? Feels like there is a dpi of 1,000,000. I can't look anywhere but directly down it seems.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:22 PM
Kobold

yeah, i gave up trying to get it to work, couldn't get UI details to match window size
Old 02-13-2022, 12:17 PM
Aviak

Does anyone have a solution for this error that I'm receiving? I want to play this game on my Mac so badly. Here's what I've done:

1.) Downloaded/installed the most recent version of Parallels
2.) Installed Windows 11
3.) Downloaded EQ via the link in this Youtube guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_MMVgJ_Dk (step 2) and added it to my shared desktop
4.) Created the "Patchme" shortcut
5.) Configured EQgame to run as administrator, operate in XP service pack 2, and safe emulation.

Every time I try to join the server, I get this error message. I feel like I'm SO close!

"Unable to load World

EverQuest cannot load the zone file \"load_obj.s3d\" in the directory that you are currently running EverQuest from. The file is present but it may be corrupt."

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and patching. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Meepasheep; 02-13-2022 at 12:28 PM..
Old 02-14-2022, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by countbb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This helped me get past the server select window! However, it doesn't seem like any of my environmental textures are loading (just character models and objects like torches). Did you have this issue?

Also, any tips for the camera? Feels like there is a dpi of 1,000,000. I can't look anywhere but directly down it seems.
I had same issue too running on Virtual Box (similar to parallels).

Had to disable bunch of stuff in the eqclient.ini

HardwareTnL=FALSE
VertexShaders=FALSE
20PixelShaders=FALSE
14PixelShaders=FALSE
1xPixelShaders=FALSE
MultiPassLighting=FALSE

What I'd recommend is disable them all, and reenable one by one to see which one causes the problem.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Is it impossible to play EQp99 on a mac without using parelles etc programs/Windows
Old 03-08-2022, 12:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default not working on OS Monterey

This wineskin is not compatible with the latest Mac OS
Old 03-26-2022, 05:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it impossible to play EQp99 on a mac without using parelles etc programs/Windows
I believe that if you are running an older version of MacOS that still supports 32 bit programs (Mojave or earlier), you should be able to run it under something like wine.

Unless I'm misremembering, I'm pretty sure that's the way I played on my mac for a long while, and it was pretty smooth.

The problem is that the most recent versions of MacOS dropped support for 32 bit programs, and that made it extremely difficult if not outright impossible to implement a wrapper that would work. So now your only recourse is bootcamp (on non-M1 macs) or running a VM like Parallels.
Old 03-26-2022, 07:59 AM
Aviak

Yes. P99 will not run in wine currently. (See https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=371291). This is because of the custom DSETUP.dll file that P99 provides. You can plan on other emulated servers fine, as long as you do not update using the P99 client files.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:06 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meepasheep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have a solution for this error that I'm receiving? I want to play this game on my Mac so badly. Here's what I've done:

1.) Downloaded/installed the most recent version of Parallels
2.) Installed Windows 11
3.) Downloaded EQ via the link in this Youtube guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_MMVgJ_Dk (step 2) and added it to my shared desktop
4.) Created the "Patchme" shortcut
5.) Configured EQgame to run as administrator, operate in XP service pack 2, and safe emulation.

Every time I try to join the server, I get this error message. I feel like I'm SO close!

"Unable to load World

EverQuest cannot load the zone file \"load_obj.s3d\" in the directory that you are currently running EverQuest from. The file is present but it may be corrupt."

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and patching. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

i am having the same problem. I was fighting for hours to get this far. It's a nightmare to play on a Mac...

I used to play P1999 a couple of years ago on a windows machine... that was no problem at all.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:37 AM
Banned

Thank you for sharing this data. I really enjoy what you've written on your blog. You've shared a very useful and entertaining blog post with the public. build now gg